This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Long Road Forward
"Someone has to."
She laughed and glanced at him slyly, a frisson of heat to her gaze. "I'd be disappointed to learn you weren't doing the same."
The explanation of water she took at face value and didn't press further. By then the door had opened and they were beckoned inside.

The informality of the antechamber faded once in Jacques' office, and Natalie's expression smoothed featureless as glass. Weariness lined the man's expression, though he smiled through it. Natalie didn't understand him, nor pretended to. Rumour suggested he hadn't even tried to stop them taking his hand. Her blunt gaze rested on the stump a moment before travelling up to his face, and she listened silently for the duration of his speech.

Still thinking about the things Jacques lost without fighting for them.

Her attention sharpened when he addressed her directly, the proposal mostly expected. She could feel her heels digging in, her spine steeling, ready for a useless war. Jacques would not battle her will, she judged: he made an offer, but much as he had not sent her home before the airports closed, she doubted he would force her now.

"I'd think she'd have a larger problem with Legion Premiere's new status as a private army? My mother is concerned with her reputation first and foremost; our "illustrious" family name is not something she would risk. Rest assured she won't cut ties with you or Africa just because I won't return her calls. Whatever she lets you think."

He couldn't convince her that way. No one could. "You're right. There's nothing in the CCD I wish to return to. But I'll consider it if you ask me to. How long are you giving me to decide?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacques - 09-05-2016, 09:34 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 09-13-2016, 09:22 AM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 09-22-2016, 07:43 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 09-23-2016, 12:13 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 09-26-2016, 09:29 AM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-26-2016, 12:35 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 09-26-2016, 04:51 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 09-26-2016, 09:19 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-27-2016, 05:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 09-27-2016, 05:40 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 10-05-2016, 05:05 PM