This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Catching Up
Going in front of the House? Tomorrow? Evelyn mentally reviewed her schedule, and once it hit her, she had to resist the urge to smirk. Secretary Trano was meant to be addressing Congress tomorrow, to discuss the scope of his appointment and to give a speech about powered individuals. She didn't know much about his prepared remarks; he hadn't released a speech yet and hadn't given out much more information than that blurb, but if he meant for to give her the podium...

It wouldn't be the first time that Evelyn had addressed Congress. She'd done so in her capacity as the co-sponsor of the Term Limits bill, but that had gotten polite attention at best. Her fellow Congresspeople had known that it was dead in the water, the type of thing that looked good during a reelection campaign speech but never stood a chance of actually getting through committee. Accordingly, it had gotten little press outside the liberal social media circles in which she already had a strong presence. But this... Nick was giving her the largest possible platform she could hope for. The eyes of the world would be upon her. The White House would be packed with both National and International news agencies. Evie had gotten her share of media exposure, of course, but nothing of this level. Why, perhaps Ascendancy himself would hear her speech?

It was difficult to resist the urge to grin, but she managed somehow. It seemed that her partnership with Trano would be more profitable than she'd even dared to imagine. "Excellent. So let's talk details then..."

Through the rest of dinner, the two of them worked out their strategies for how to make the biggest splash. Meanwhile, internally Evelyn started plotting how to launch her career to a national audience. With Nick's maneuvering in the background, and her sure-to-be-impressive 'coming out' speech fresh in people's minds, she was almost certain to land a spot on the Moscow delegation. And if she could use this speech to introduce herself to Nikolai Brandon as well as the American people... well, all the better.

((Sorry to mod this along, Evie's speech is going to take me ages and I want to get it out before I leave town. If you want you can reply to this thread or not. Seems that the best way to do it is for you to go ahead and post the speech thread. I'll leave the details up to you (meeting agenda, full congress or just house, etc.) I think we can post those parts mainly independently unless you want to pm/chat for details. If Trano does his part of the speech/hand over to Evie, then I'll finish up with Evie's speech.))

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-24-2016, 01:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-24-2016, 07:04 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-24-2016, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-24-2016, 10:46 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-25-2016, 12:16 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-26-2016, 10:46 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-28-2016, 04:05 PM