This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Mockingbirds in Mexico City
"Mr. Oakland..."
a rattled voice spoke over the intercom connected to the room that he had made his sanctuary. Office was a term that implied laborious work.

Amidst the data files and reports Damien harboured his resolution. Realising his goals was no chore.

Tapping the voice control system he projected a firm, calm voice. "Speak, what do you have to report?"

There was a moment of hesitation before the answer came. "We have an unidentified man at the entrance. He has said nothing more than 'Tell him I'm here.'"
Damien's interest was aroused but he did not interrupt. "Sir... The man... he also gave one of the men a card. A Mockingbird card."

Damien's brows rose but nothing showed in his reply. "Thank you for relaying this message. Stand by for further instruction."

Cutting the audio, Damien reached for the monitoring pad. It took a moment to flick through the various camera channels until he found the one he desired.

A lean man in fine cut sober clothing stood at the entrance to Gamez's estate. With his hair slicked to one side he looked like a relic of the last century.

Damien narrowed his own gaze to mirror the zoom of the camera. The man's face stretched across the screen. Damien gazed into the hollow caverns of his eyes and smiled.

It was more than he could have hoped for. He had not expected the man to be so bold - if it was truly the one he sought.

Damien tapped the communications device once more and issued his commands. "The gatekeepers are to stand down."

"Sir?"
the question galled him.

"Need I repeat myself?"

There was no need for an answer. "Deploy two snipers,"
he conceded. One must retain the loyalty and trust of his men and the Mockingbird was a name they feared. "However, they are not to fire unless on my command. Meet me at the entrance with five of your choosing."

In short order Damien made his way to the entrance accompanied by an entourage of his most loyal. All were Mexican of no status. Most of his personal guards hailed from cartel affected areas not unlike Camila. These forgotten children of Mexico were the daggers in his shadow.

Damien greeted the visitor in appropriate style. A dark purple dominated the perfectly worked suit embroidered with precise threads of gold that outlined the bold piece. It was not one of style or utility but a declaration.

Damien waved for the gates to be opened, never taking his eyes of the man before him. When nothing but the ground before him separated them, Damien smiled, his presence swelling in the moonlight that cast a silhouette from behind. His eyes were afire with sparked intensity.

"I have been eager to meet you, Mockingbird."

Edited by Damien, Nov 4 2014, 01:20 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 07-26-2014, 10:38 AM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 07-27-2014, 08:59 AM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 08-04-2014, 05:11 PM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 08-29-2014, 06:19 PM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 10-15-2014, 07:51 PM
[No subject] - by Damien - 10-27-2014, 10:51 AM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 11-03-2014, 09:18 PM
[No subject] - by Damien - 11-04-2014, 01:19 PM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 11-05-2014, 04:50 PM