This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Heart of Sin
Jacinda made her way to the Cantina. The few guards she saw didn't do more than look her over appreciatively. People heading back to the bar was pretty normal. To them, she'd just be letting her guy have a little alone time.

She made sure not to look really out of it, though. She mostly wanted to appear like she'd been partying, not like she was about to pass out. She had no illusions about the kinds of things these guys might try, if they thought they could get away with it. Part of her kinda wanted them to. She'd open that box a little and, well, then they'd see what it's like.

But she had to stay focused on the job at hand. They needed a way out with the girl. Easiest thing would be to rent her off premises for the night. But that would cost a lot more. And she really wanted to take Diablo with them.

She saw the man sitting with a few others at a table, drinking and talking. She went up to him and the table looked up at her. She was glad she was a woman. Despite her height and strength, most men dismissed her. Especially here in Mexico where the kind of guys running the scene thought with their little dicks. Machismo and all that bullshit. Ricky woulda had a harder time of it, she was sure.

She made her voice soft and showed mild worry on her face. "Excuse me. There's been a problem with the girl. We gave her some of the wine and she started convulsing."
She could've said more but it was better to be simple about it. Too much explanation was suspicious. "I saw you get that other guy a replacement, so..."

The man scowled. They were new customers, after all. Not regulars. "Not unless she can't go." He stood up. "We'll go and check her first. Then I decide." He nodded to two of the guys at the table and they joined him. To the others "Go check out the supply. If someone's trying to put us out of business, I want to know." The other men left. Cartel wars over business and turf being what they were, it was not unheard of.

They walked back to the room, Jacinda making sure to maintain the illusion that she had been drinking. Now that she was with these men who were on an errand, she didn't need to worry about looking like rape bait for some bored guards. She stumbled once and grabbed on to one of their arms for support. "Sorry"
she said. The man looked at her and she could see the idea in his eye. Mentally she smiled and shook her head. Idiots.

They got to the door and as they opened it, she stumbled again, this time enough to dip into her boots to pull out her guns. They walked passed her into the room and she followed quickly, shutting the door. Ricky was sitting on the bed and looked up in surprise. They turned back to look at her just as she shot the two guards in the head. The suppressors they made these days were amazing. Not like when she was younger.

They dropped like bags of dirt. Her gun was trained on Diablo now. "Don't even think about it."
His face was dark with rage, but she just smirked at him. She looked at Ricky. "Marta ok?"
The shock on his face was hilarious. At his wide-eyed assurance, she said, "Take his gun. And whatever else he has."
Likely knives, with a name like Diablo.

Ricky did and Jacinda put one gun away. They didn't have much time. She pulled her hypostick from her back pocket and stepped to Diablo and slapped it to his neck in one quick move. He clapped his hand to his neck. "What is going on! Do you know where you are? Who I am?"

Jacinda gave him a big smile and made her voice soft. "I know exactly who you are, Diablo."
She put on a mock-concerned voice. "If I were you, I'd be more concerned about who we are and what I've just done to you."
A glimmer of fear appeared, though he masked it well.

"I've just given you a particularly painful poison. You'll probably start to feel it in about 10 minutes. And that means you have 20 more minutes to live."
She smiled nastily. "Only 20 minutes....but it will feel like forever. Hell for the devil? Yes?"

The look on his face said he believed her. "What do you want?" he said, a bit more shakily. He was not used to being challenged like this.

"I have the antidote at my place. We're gonna go there. You, me, my friend. And Marta,"
she said nodding at the closet. She stepped into his face and looked him in the eye. She was the same height. "Just one thing to remember. If anything happens to us- and I mean anything- you will die in agony. So I wouldn't waste any time. The clock is ticking."

There was sweat on the man's head. He knew she was serious. She'd just shot his men in the head like it was nothing. And no doubt he was familiar with poisons, what with the assassinations that went on in these cartel wars. "Si. I accept. I will take you."

She patted his cheek. "Such a smart man. I can see why you run this place. Just remember. If we don't get out alive, you, at least, will die. In very great pain, remember."
And then, as if it was nothing, she added. "I'm sure you've made enemies, doing this. You might want to think about your own daughters, if you have any. I'm sure they would not like being the latest addition to this place."

The fear in his eyes was clear now. She nodded. "I think we have an understanding."
She holstered her gun. To Ricky, "Watch this guy ok? I'll get Marta."

She went to the closet and opened it. Marta was there and there was relief in her eyes. She stood up slowly but didn't say anything. "Alright, Marta, we're going to leave now. But first, you need to know, there's a man out here. But he can't hurt you, I promise."
Better to let her see Diablo and his dead guards. They really didn't have a lot of time to convince a crying girl.

She stepped out with the girl in hand and then felt her stiffen and pull back. "It's ok. I killed his guards. And he knows that unless he helps us, he's going to die too."
He'd die anyway, but Marta didn't need to know that. And thankfully, the bodies did what their words couldn't. Convinced Marta they were serious about getting her out of here.

Ricky would probably whine that showing an 11 year old two men with their brains blown out wasn't the best idea. But they really didn't have time to convince her.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-18-2014, 04:11 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 11-19-2014, 04:17 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-19-2014, 04:46 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 11-24-2014, 09:49 AM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-25-2014, 12:44 AM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 11-25-2014, 10:06 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-26-2014, 02:28 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 12-02-2014, 02:21 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 12-02-2014, 10:24 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 12-03-2014, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 12-05-2014, 04:25 PM