This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Heart of Sin
Ricky came back and the girl seemed calm for the moment. Jacinda knew it wouldn't last. You don't live in a brothel as a child without some severe PTSD. Jacinda fed more into that box and focused. At least they be able get good information from her.

She knelt down by the girl on the bed and pulled out her wallet and set it in drawing projection mode, a virtual sheet of paper appearing.. "Alright sweety. Can you draw me a picture of this place?"

She looked at the wallet and the projection with wide eyes, as if it was magic. Probably had been poor before she'd been kidnapped or sold into this. "I can try. They don't let us wander around." She seemed eager to help. A promise of escape from this hell-hole would do that.

She began drawing and pointing out what the rooms were. Jacinda labeled them quickly. It looked like there were three floors but Marta only had been to two of them. The top floor was off-limits to the girls. A lot of bedrooms though, furnished like this. The basement was where the girls were kept, packed into rooms like sardines.

Marta's mood was starting to slip as she drew and talked. She'd been in a lot of the bedrooms in the year she had been here and pointing them out seemed to make her relive the memories. At least those she could remember, since they forced them to use drugs and alcohol many times. At least sometimes, anyway. Some clients liked them scared. More went into that box in her head.

She put her hand on the girl's shoulder and she flinched. She looked at Ricky a bit more frequently too. They were running out of time. In a reassuring voice she went on, "You're doing great sweety. Just a few more questions and then we can try to get out of here."
She had a two small guns in the sides of her knee high black boots. They didn't hold much in the way of ammunition. Hopefully enough at least until they could get back to Ricky's car for the actual hunt.

And she had a little something special in her pocket too. For her little side thing. "Last thing, Marta. Can you tell me about the man who runs this place? The one who lets you go with customers?"

Marta's eyes widened with fear. Their window of gathering intel from her was closing. "El Diablo. The man from the cantina." Jacinda could imagine how he'd earned that nickname. Yeah, he'd do.

She took both of Marta's shoulders in her hand and smiled at her. "Ok, Marta. Listen to me. I have to go for a minute. I need to get something, ok?"
The girl's face dropped and she looked terrified as her head swung to Ricky's.

"Please, no! Please, please please!," she cried, clinging to her hands. "I promise I'll be good. Don't leave me alone!" Jacinda tried to calm her. She wasn't really sure how to do it. She looked at Ricky with frustration. He started to move to the girl and she freaked out.

"Stay back Ricky! She doesn't wanna be touched by you!"
She should've softened her words but she hadn't thought of that until after they'd come out. She wasn't going to apologize though. "She thinks this is a trick, a game we're playing with her."
Looking at Marta she tried to smile reassuringly. "I promise I'll be right back. We aren't here to hurt you."
She looked around the room for inspiration and saw a closet door.

She looked back at Marta. "Why don't you hide in the closet? Ok? Just go in the closet. I'll shut the door and you'll be safe in there."
Of course Ricky could just open it, but it was something at least. She calmed a little, head swinging between their faces and the door. Then she nodded slowly, trying to get herself under control. The fear was in her eyes though. "I promise you, I will be right back and then we'll go. Ok?"
Inwardly she smiled at how well she was doing. Who knew she had this in her? Maybe she'd get a mother of the year award.

She stood and took Marta by the hand while taking the thick blanket off the bed and led her to the door. "Get in. Go to the very back and sit down, ok?"
She looked small sitting in the corner. She knelt down and wrapped the blanket around her. "You're a strong girl. That's why I picked you. Trust me. I'll be right back."
She looked back at Ricky and then back to Marta. "Ricky is a good man. He won't hurt you, I promise."
The girl nodded hesitantly, the terror still there, though more subdued.

Jacinda stood and stepped back. "I'm going to close the door, ok? You'll be safe here. And I'll be the only one who opens it. Not even Ricky will touch the door."

She nodded again. "Ok."

Jacinda shut the door carefully. Then she turned to Ricky. "Don't take it personally. She's afraid to trust us."
At his nod, she went to a mirror and looked at herself, talking as she untucked and unbuttoned her shirt and rebuttoned it crookedly. "I'm going to get us some insurance and a way out of here."
She messed up her hair and pinched her cheeks a few times. Then she went to the liquor and spilled some of it on her shirt. Perfect.

She nodded to the door. "Make sure she's safe."

And then she went to the door and opened it, walking outside into the hall, making sure to stumble a bit. The hallway was empty but she was sure there were cameras. Now to get to the cantina.

Edited by Jacinda, Dec 20 2014, 04:01 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-18-2014, 04:11 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 11-19-2014, 04:17 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-19-2014, 04:46 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 11-24-2014, 09:49 AM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-25-2014, 12:44 AM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 11-25-2014, 10:06 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 11-26-2014, 02:28 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 12-02-2014, 02:21 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 12-02-2014, 10:24 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 12-03-2014, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 12-05-2014, 04:25 PM