This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Solutions
Nox turned to the soft voice that asked him a question. It took him a moment to catch what she'd said. Not that she'd stuttered or anything but his mind was just gone elsewhere at the time.

He grinned, "You have no fucking idea."
He frowned, "Sorry, I'll watch my language."
He got up and moved over the remaining seats. He offered his hand with a grin, "Nox."

She took his hand and smiled, cheeks turning slightly red. "Emily"

Nox's grin widened, a blusher how fun. "So Emily,"
he let her name roll of his tongue like it tasted sweet. "What brings a sweet American girl to a back water ski resort in Russia?"

She sipped the rest of her cosmopolitan and placed the empty glass on the bar. "A short little vacation. How about yourself?"
She leaned forward on the bar.

Nox nodded to the bartender to bring her another round, he smiled. "A little work. A little pleasure."
The last said with a hint of what he meant by it.

Her blush deepened and when the bartender brought another cosmo, she immediately took a long drink from it. Nox thought to himself this could be easy, though hopefully she won't get too trashed, that always ended poorly.

Nox turned to face her, his knees brushing the side of her leg. He grinned, "What do you have planned for your little vacation, Emily? Anything fun?"
He repeated her name more to commit it to memory so he'd not do something stupid like call her the wrong thing. Not that he would forget so lightly, but even the one beer he was nursing could make him do stupid things coming off that stupid panic attack.

Emily took a deep breath, but didn't resist the knee touching her leg. "Some skiing - relaxing."
Her wallet buzzed. "Excuse me."
She pulled out her purse and frowned as she searched for her wallet. She typed a message on it and then returned her gaze to Nox, smiling. "Sorry about that. I have some work to do while I'm here too, and who knows, maybe some pleasure too."
Her voice had a slight tease to it and Nox grinned playfully.

Nox had never been skiing, well not intentionally anyway. He wasn't fond of hurtling down an incline at high speeds over ice covered ground with trees potentially in the way. "That doesn't sound like relaxing to me. Hurtling down a slope with trees on it."
But then again Nox was a hunter for a living, he thrived on adrenaline, his fun didn't need to. He shuddered at the thought of someone jumping out of a perfectly good plane for the fun of it. He took a long swallow of his beer then grinned at her, "I'm sure there are far more relaxing ways to spend your vacation."

"A ski resort seems an unlikely place for one who doesn't ski. How are you planning on relaxing, Nox?"

Nox laughed, "Very true, but I didn't pick this place. And it's the closest English speaking hotel to where we have our work meeting tomorrowish."
He grinned at her. "And I am relaxing right now. Talking to a pretty girl."
He tipped his beer bottle in her direction. "Drinking a beer. Pretty relaxing if you ask me."

She blushed a little more at the compliment and clinked her glass against his bottle. "I'm glad I could help."
She smiled. "Perhaps you can help me with something - a little project I've been working on."

He was intrigued. Nox grinned at her. "Sure, how can I help you out Emily?"

[[With Emily]]

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-02-2015, 11:59 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 03-12-2015, 12:52 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-12-2015, 03:58 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 03-12-2015, 05:04 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-12-2015, 06:58 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 03-12-2015, 07:33 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-13-2015, 11:43 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 03-13-2015, 11:57 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-13-2015, 01:10 PM