This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Of Assassination and Murder - Part III
Aria listened as the woman went on about a free life style. The idea that her life was tethered couldn't have hit closer to home, but it wasn't something she was willing to share with a stranger. The Atharim allowed her a life of travel. But it didn't come without many strings attached. It was rather ironic that this particular trip had nothing to do with the Atharim, but everything to do with the one thing the Atharim stood against - gods. And in particular one god - Apolyon.

She was willingly working for the destroyer to allow herself to live another day. Her task was to kill him, instead she ended up working for him. It didn't matter one way or the other, her life was forfeit.

But Aria answered the question none-the-less. "I don't know if it's a chore. I actually enjoy my job immensely, not that it doesn't come with it's own leashes of the sort."
Aria wasn't about to admit to this woman that she enjoyed killing. She had never considered herself an assassin - never killing a god or godling only the changed monsters. But still after today that is exactly what she'd be. She knew she was a murderer. That was a fact she could not forget. She could feel the darkness ebbing inside at the thought of killing our dear banker friend. It made her wonder what Dane would think. If he'd enjoy it the same.

Aria had to shake off the thoughts. The focused on the woman's English and realized she was a pampered woman. One that was no where in any sort of range of Aria's like, more to the Elite of Moscow. "I wouldn't know anything about living that kind of life style. I've lived one way for most of my life and then it only changed slightly once I was let free to fly."
She'd actually been set free to die, but her perseverance was better than Father Dimitri had ever hoped. She survived monster after monster that he'd sent her on, and so he let he free in Moscow hoping a real life would kill her. So much for that.

Her food finally arrived and Aria pulled the chop sticks free and started poking at the noodles on the plate. "I would think a life with of such luxury would be boring."
Aria took a small bite of the food in front of her and chewed before continuing on. "I mean sure you meet some fine men and women. Buy what you want, but without a purpose you do nothing. You are nothing. I can say that my job is fulfilling me in ways that it only can. I know my place in the world. I know what I do is for the good of humanity."
Granted that wasn't the job she was on, nor the reason she was what she was. Or why she enjoyed her job so well. But it was the original intentions of her upbringing - meeting Dane Gregory had changed her life whole-heatedly and not for the better, and the ache of the loss of Lucas pinged at her heart with every breathe only making it worse.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-03-2015, 11:34 AM
[No subject] - by rajani_misra - 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-04-2015, 12:16 PM
[No subject] - by rajani_misra - 11-09-2015, 08:03 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-10-2015, 11:12 AM
[No subject] - by rajani_misra - 11-23-2015, 03:44 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-09-2015, 01:03 PM