This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Of Assassination and Murder - Part III
The woman was polite but with the curiosity from before she was also cautious. Aria would be too. Strange town, strange person. This was a unique situation for Aria.

They continued to speak in Chinese. "I've been here a few times, but this is the first time I've traveled alone."
Though Aria was certain had she asked Nox would have come with her even though they would be flying. Aria was grateful not to have to deal with his fear of flying. Though the thought brought back memories of the last flight and the last time she saw Lucas. Aria tried not to dwell on it. He was gone, and her father would pay in the end. She would kill him, and he would suffer for his misdeeds.

The waiter came over and Aria ordered quickly. She didn't really care, there was only one thing she disliked and it wasn't a traditional part of Chinese cuisine. Aria pointed at the menu instead of butchering words. He nodded and they two were soon left alone again.

"What brings you to Beijing?"
Aria smirked. Why was it that everyone always wanted to know why you were there to do.

Aria laughed. Aria wanted to say, "To kill someone of course." Nox was having a very bad influence on her. But despite the jest of the comment Aria didn't say that. "A job brings me here. I won't be here long, I have an appointment elsewhere."
Aria sighed, "Do you speak English? I find practicing Chinese all well and good but it's better to speak in a language I can actively think in."
Every language other than Italian and English required Aria to actively think of the translations. Chinese and Russian were the hardest. Spanish required special thinking to insure she didn't butcher the words with Italian and French was just French but was probably the best known language other than English. Antoinette had been a good teacher. That brought back memories of her first time here. Oni were such hard to kill creatures.

"What brings you here?"
She sounded more like a gypsy than anything the way she discussed moving around and staying too long. Aria didn't particularly like that, she liked having a bed to go home to that was hers. She sighed, but right now she didn't have one of them either. The Atharim had blown her home up. The thoughts pulled the darkness in around her and Aria had to fight to stay above water.

Edited by Aria, Nov 10 2015, 11:13 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-03-2015, 11:34 AM
[No subject] - by rajani_misra - 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-04-2015, 12:16 PM
[No subject] - by rajani_misra - 11-09-2015, 08:03 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-10-2015, 11:12 AM
[No subject] - by rajani_misra - 11-23-2015, 03:44 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-09-2015, 01:03 PM