This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The war fought not with guns
Outwards, there was only a small nod of gratitude to Maan, and her voice was as crisp as ever. "You have my word, Elder. I will give them that chance. We will not go in guns blazing."
It was against regulation, but Victoria wasn't going to break her word on this. She'd promised, at this point. The only risk was... well, countering that with the duty she had to her men, to not get them hurt either. Realising she had zoned out, she gave a jerky nod to Maan, recovering. "I owe you my thanks. Very much so. My aide, Durand, will give you a map of the area. Mark on us the location of their base. I'll see that no harm comes to you after. I swear."
Victoria pressed her hands together, bowing her head as she raised them to touch her forehead. "Goodbye Elder. You have saved many lives today."

She raised herself off the floor, wincing slightly at the stiffness from not moving from the position she had been in. With a slight indication of her head, her men followed Victoria outside. As the sun hit her, the dust in the air, the heat, Victoria finally let go of the power, letting out an explosive breath that seemed to contain all the stress, all the worries that meeting had brought. She felt weak enough to be almost giddy, and collapsed against the side of the building, fumbling for the Land Warriors to actually act as sunglasses. Damn, she was absolutely exhausted now, and letting go of the power compounded the feeling. There was the desire, as always, to claw back for it, let it cushion her again. As always, however, Victoria crushed that feeling back down. No. It was not something to rely on.

The sound of a cleared throat made Vcitoria open her eyes, steely gaze directing itself onto Durand. An irrational feeling of irritation grew in her, an unfortunate combination of her state, and Durand's frankly irritating presence, as she was starting to realise now. This was not going to be an easy working relationship.

"What, Lieutenant."
She regretted the words as they left her mouth, far too snappy, far too irritated at a man simply trying to do her job. Durand stepped back, blinking heavily a couple of times, before uncertainly answering.

"W-well, were you, um, successful? Ma'am?"
Victoria just answered with a weary nod, bringing her tone back under control. Didn't need to take it out on him. "I was. Take in the map, and Maa-the Elder will mark it for us. Get some rest, Durand. You're going to get your first combat mission."

An awkward mixture of terror and excitement passed over Durand's face, before he finally managed a weak salute. His mouth opened to say something, but he only managed to squeak out a 'Yes Ma'am!' before disappearing. Thankfully. Giving a relieved sigh, Victoria lurched off the wall she was leaning on uncertainly. Now to return to the small, dirty, uncomfortable buildlsings clustered with a wall that called itself base, and most likely collapse until tomorrow morning. Then start to plan for this mission.

It really was non-stop. At least this short 'campaign' was coming to a halt. Give it a week, and she'd be back in Jerusalem again. Well, if she survived the week. Victoria frowned, shaking that overtly morbid thought away. Really didn't need that, now.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-04-2016, 04:06 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-05-2016, 07:52 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-05-2016, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-05-2016, 10:53 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-05-2016, 02:15 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-05-2016, 02:28 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-05-2016, 05:05 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-06-2016, 07:00 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-06-2016, 10:35 AM