This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The war fought not with guns
Victoria kept herself together, expression not wavering. Even if uncertainty swept through her. It wasn't working. Damn it, she was supposed to be better than this. Instead, Maan felt... more suspicious. There was always the hard way, but Victoria didn't want to go to the hard way. That would leave Maan, well, dead at worst. Personally, she had never tortured someone, and doubted she ever would of her own accord. There were... lines that Victoria was not willing to cross.

After a moment of thought, she kept on the trust. It was her own words that were making it worse. Not exactly the way that she was going about it. "No offence was taken."
Victoria ensured she said the words directly to Nizar, trying to make the moment as genuine as possible, before her eyes went back to Maan. She felt like this was it. If he shut up more, Victoria doubted he was going to talk again. "Elder Maan. I do. All your accusations are true, and I apologise. For my words, than it my ingrained training. For my actions... some things in life are tragically necessary. I offer the best solution you are going to find here. What else is there? If I fail, then my higher ups will crush down, likely without my desire to see a peaceful resolution as far as I can. That is no threat, but merely how the world works now. If... well, the men we are discussing continue to grow? What then, Elder? They continue their attacks, which include innocent people? They form an army like they did a year ago, plunging the region into chaos again? That wasn't good for you.
" That part didn't need to be a question. Victoria knew the devastation that war had wrought. "I do not lie when I say I will protect you. The world has changed, Elder. We are your friends now. I do not ask you to trust us. Merely understand that we are the best choice you have now. That you all have. Please."

Lips clamped tight to stop an explosive sigh from leaving her lips at the end of that small, almost impassioned speech. The statue didn't change, even if keeping her resolve was becoming tougher. A few beads of sweat had appeared on her forehead, however. The power pulled her away, but it was mostly up to Victoria to keep that wall up, and using the power was tiring. She knew she'd sleep well tonight. Likely need a nap, too.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-04-2016, 04:06 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-05-2016, 07:52 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-05-2016, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-05-2016, 10:53 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-05-2016, 02:15 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-05-2016, 02:28 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-05-2016, 05:05 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-06-2016, 07:00 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 08-06-2016, 10:35 AM