This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Closing the Trap
The girl- well she was a woman but that was how he thought of her especially when when she was scared and helpless like this- seemed afraid to meet his eyes. When she did it was only for a moment before they were looking about everywhere.

He knelt down but still gave her space. No sense in spooking the poor thing. "Hey. I won't hurt you. I promise."
Her shifting eyes seemed to stop for a moment and then focus on him. He could almost see her studying him in the shadows.

On impulse he put his hands to his hoodie and pushed it back to show his face to her. The movement startled her but she calmed quickly. Yeah, she was definitely studying his face. All kinds of emotion played across her face. And then he noticed her looking at him in puzzlement. Or rather, the side of his face. He forgot about the shiner. Once he thought about it he became aware of the dull ache. Strangely, despite the power, it didn't hurt as much. That was odd.

"I'm Ba...Banat."
He caught himself just in time. That drink in the club and talking to Tatyana had really helped it seemed. Too much. It wasn't like things had changed after all.

The woman's head swung sharply to one of the shadowed alleyways and Bas' matched hers. He couldn't hear anything though. Seemed they were both hunted.

"Listen, I'm trying to hide from some bad guys too."
He lightly touched his eye. That seemed to make pain bloom and he winced and gave her a smile. "Well that was kinda dumb."
Did he see a slight quirk at the corner of her mouth? Progress?

"You can come with me."
The fear returned to her eyes. "If you want. I'm going to stay at a friend's. You can come if you want. Or stay out here. Either way."
He shrugged a bit irritably, some of his old spirit returning. That feeling of being hunted started to return. He really didn't have time for this.

He stood and pulled up his hoody and then looked at her. He needed to go. "Up to you. Time to piss or get off the pot."
He started to turn.

"Wait!"
came her weak reply. He turned and looked at her. She seemed to have made a decision. Softly, she went on. "I'll come."
Then she stood.

He shrugged. "Ok."
Course Tatyana's was out of the picture now. He didn't want to imagine what she'd do if she came home to find him with another woman. She might not believe that he was actually trying to be all hero-like and stuff. Which was lame. He was a good guy. You just had to, you know, sometimes do stuff. Take care of business. Not like he'd sleep with another girl at Tatyana's house, after all.

So....where to go. He chuckled to himself. Another damsel in distress had needed a place. Maybe she'd help. Nox would probably too if they came back. And puppies always lifted spirits. As she stood and started to follow, he looked at her over out the side of his gaze. Tall for a woman. Solid. And older. Prolly not Nox's type. More the fool, of course. Older women always knew what they were doing. A fine wine that gets better with age, even, especially when they were treated right.

He laughed at himself for thinking these things. He seriously doubted things would go like that. Still, he was the hero, after all, saving the girl from an abusive boyfriend or husband. He wouldn't mind a reward for that.

His laugh continued silently as they began to carefully thread their way back to the warehouse. Luckily it wasn't far. He knew he was kidding himself, but it was still fun to think about.

Bas the hero. Damn right!

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 07-23-2015, 07:58 AM
[No subject] - by Sebastian - 07-24-2015, 10:17 AM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 07-29-2015, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Yoshimura - 08-06-2015, 10:16 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 08-07-2015, 08:36 AM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 08-19-2015, 02:58 PM
[No subject] - by Sebastian - 08-24-2015, 03:15 PM
[No subject] - by Yoshimura - 08-30-2015, 12:47 PM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 09-01-2015, 08:22 AM
[No subject] - by Sebastian - 09-04-2015, 02:42 PM