This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sometimes Knowing Sucks
Ivan didn't bother studying the room. That didn't matter. The lone man. The woman in front of him. Asian. Scars on face. Seemed completely unafraid. And that despite what she knew he could do to her. To the whole fucking building.

Because, of course, she was holding his family's lives hostage. Because there was not a goddamn thing he could do right now except listen.

But he wasn't gonna do any of this pretend civility bullshit. He didn't bother sitting and when the guy put the drink down, he honestly looked at him. Are you fucking kidding me? He wasn't drinking piss with either of them.

And then her words....His face darkened as rage colored it.
His eyes were on fire. He seized the power, his anger like gasoline, pouring out onto a fire, ball of flame and smoke flaring up. He had never been this angry, never in his life.

A thick thread of air whipped out to the man in the room, wrapped around him, choking him, holding him mobile. Ivan looked at the woman, strained, seizing more of the power, refused to back down, to back off, the rage firing him like never before. The fucking power fought him as he tried to form another weave but he was through bending over. He was beyond caring and pushed and pulled and felt the give and pulled and finally, another thread formed, whipped out, coiling around her like a snake, squeezing.

His voice was as cold as ice. They pushed him too far.
"You threaten my family?"
He couldn't think. The blood pounded in his ears. My family. They threatened my family. He could hear the man struggle to breath. Ivan ignored him. To hell with the rules.
"Maybe it's you that's the hostage. And everyone in this building. Call off your men and I will let you live instead of bringing this entire building down around your corpse."

He eased the tightness around her throat only enough for her to croak.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 01-24-2018, 05:30 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 01-25-2018, 01:59 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 01-26-2018, 05:03 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 01-31-2018, 12:00 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-01-2018, 06:17 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 02-01-2018, 12:01 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-01-2018, 12:50 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 02-01-2018, 03:12 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-01-2018, 03:24 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 02-01-2018, 03:41 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-01-2018, 03:56 PM