This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Chance Meeting
Michael was not surprised. He did not really understand how, but her actions made sense now that she had explained. He didn't bother asking questions, he doubted she could explain any more than he could explain how his own power worked.

The implications were interesting to say the least. It was a surprise that she admitted that she could track him. Dangerous. But the fact that she had told him when she did not have to made his mind up. It could very well be a mistake to let it slide, but he would not kill her because she could be dangerous. If he did, he really would be a monster, and he was not about to stoop to their level.

With his decision made, he allowed himself to wonder at what fate lay in store for someone with such a power. It made his own struggle seem petty in comparison. It was no wonder she had lost control in the face of his rage, and it was lucky he had a much firmer grip on it. A month ago when they had first met... He was not sure what exactly happened to her, but it would certainly have been much worse then.

When he spoke, he forced himself to adopt a softer tone, guilt being no small factor in the decision. "We are not so different after all, although I do not know who's fate is worse. I do not blame you for choosing to become Atharim."
He doubted they would let anyone with her power live if they did not cooperate. "Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems like they have you chained like a dog. To hunt like a dog."
He shook his head. "Yet you have shown more humanity than any of your ilk I have met."

He did not know what powers these Atharim had at their command and he was not going to provoke them any more than he had done. Assassins were one thing - the entire organization, another. Tony may have grand plans, but they were in no position to be reckless. Still, he would not turn a blind eye. "I'm sure you know much better than I, but be wary they do not decide you are useless."
He hesitated only a moment before continuing. "If that day comes, remember you are not alone."
His smile was genuine, although filled with a savage bitterness. "Perhaps you will be able to track something for yourself, if it ever comes to it. We will not be powerless forever."

He left it to her to decide who "we" was, nor would he offer his assistance outright. She was technically still the enemy after all.

"I recall you said you had some questions, have you learned what you wanted?"
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-12-2013, 06:45 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-13-2013, 07:36 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-13-2013, 11:06 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-14-2013, 10:59 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-14-2013, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-15-2013, 09:47 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-16-2013, 01:02 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-16-2013, 02:24 PM