This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Meeting of Threads
"Walk me home?"

Emily's tone made it a question, and Jared was almost taken aback. It was unexpected. He had never gotten to the point where he had felt this way about someone so quickly. Jared still couldn't get out of his head the feeling that they had met before.

"I'd be honored,"
he finally responded.

They walked through the market, making their way closer to the Shale house. Jared thought about it as they walked and talked. Emily was rich, but she didn't behave like most wealthy people. She was different.

Jared was drawn away from his internal thoughts as he felt her hand take his. Their fingers interlaced and he gave her a smile.

"It's strange,"
she said. "I never would have done this with someone before. Not when we just met. It just feels - natural."

Jared chuckled. "I know. I feel the same. Like...I've known you for a long time."

She smiled that pleasant smile and nodded. "Exactly."

They arrived at a large mansion. Clearly Emily's house. "Thank you for the walk,"
she said, stepping in front of him and taking his other hand.

"It was my pleasure,"
he said, suddenly wanting to kiss her.

She acted before he did, and like the hand holding, it felt natural. It didn't last long, but it was the most wonderful kiss he had felt. They didn't speak for a moment.

"Wow,"
was all Jared said after a long silence.

Emily laughed. "I know,"
she said. "What is happening?"

It was Jared's turn to laugh. "I don't know, but for once I'm okay with it."
His watch beeped, bringing a frown to his face. "Unfortunately I have to go back to duty soon."
He sighed. "That will take me away from here eventually."

She gave him an encouraging grin. "We'll see where things go."

A quick kiss goodbye and Jared waited a moment. He didn't want to leave, but understood his duty. He turned away with a smile to head back to the house that they were stationed in.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-11-2016, 09:44 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-18-2016, 09:30 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-19-2016, 09:33 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-25-2016, 09:52 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-26-2016, 05:11 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-27-2016, 07:58 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-27-2016, 01:06 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 11-01-2016, 09:52 AM