This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Meeting of Threads
Jared hadn't offended her. "I'm not offended - that's actually really sweet."

Like Jared she was sincere. It was refreshing to have met someone who asked where she was from instead of just knowing. Of course, he did know, but he made an effort to engage her in conversation. Their drinks arrived and Emily took a long sip, feeling her heart beating in her chest rather heavily.

The pair chatted and she got to know a little more about her companion. Jared Vanders was an ex-marine who became a cop after he resigned. Later he joined the Legion Premiere which is what brought him to Moscow.

"So you're here to meet with me then?"
She asked, legitimately curious.

"Yes - small world isn't it,"
he said flashing that smile.

Emily almost melted, but she kept herself together and replied. "Indeed. I'm glad I met you before."

Emily could feel her cheeks turn bright red and she looked down to hide it. It wasn't until Jared responded with "Me too,"
that she looked up.

Jared was smiling again, and she returned it. This whole situation had changed her. She wasn't as defensive with him as she had been with other men and she didn't want to be. It was scary and wonderful at the same time.

"Walk me home?"
she asked hopefully.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-11-2016, 09:44 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-18-2016, 09:30 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-19-2016, 09:33 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-25-2016, 09:52 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-26-2016, 05:11 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-27-2016, 07:58 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-27-2016, 01:06 PM