This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Meeting of Threads
Jared could sense her hesitation. She was scared, that much was certain. Jared was a little bit too, but he kept his in check. His fear was more because of lack of understanding than anything else.

Still, the both of them seemed glued to their spots, unable to move. Jared smiled at her as an idea came up in his head. Jared had the feeling she was in the same boat as he was - finding herself being pulled to someone she had never met before. Jared decided to take a gamble.

"Okay,"
he said, accepting her acknowledgment of fault. "Have a good day ma'am."

Jared began to turn, something in him wanting to resist the action. It was a gamble though. If she was feeling what he was, perhaps his leaving would get her attention. If it didn't, well, Jared didn't know if he would see her again - except for their meeting anyways.

"Wait,"
she said, and Jared almost sighed in relief as he turned to face Emily.

"Let me buy you coffee...for running into you,"
there was a strange timbre in her voice as if she was trying to convince herself it was just to make amends.

Jared smiled. "I'd like that,"
he said. "Lead the way."

The woman smiled for the first time since their meeting, and Jared marveled at how beautiful it made her look.

Wow...I haven't been like this since high school.

"I'm Emily. Emily Shale."

"Jared Vanders.
He said. "Very nice to meet you."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-11-2016, 09:44 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-18-2016, 09:30 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-19-2016, 09:33 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-25-2016, 09:52 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 10-26-2016, 05:11 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 10-27-2016, 07:58 AM