This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Uncovering the Past
Then it hit him. That accent. It came to John like a full armed bitch-slap across the face. How had he missed it? He was just fucking oblivious to the obvious. "How did I miss it. You must have been living her for quite some time for me not to notice right away. .I am H-town proud. Where are you from? Northern Texas? Lubbock? Or D-FW?" John paused. Was that a flinch He saw on Jensen's face? What was wrong with Texas? John only left Because of his mission. His mission. He still wasn't even sure just what that mission was exactly. 'Find allies. A war is coming.' So many questions. Why? How? Against who? And how much time was there? And who was the enemy? So many questions and still no solid answers.

And then came the second revelation. No wonder Jensen flinched. John's dumb ass blew right over his invitation and offer to help in the research chasing a pig trail. As if an accent was that important. John chastised himself. He was oblivious to the obvious. A researcher with the attention span of a gnat.

"I would love to, but I have a few prior commitments that I must meet first. I am expecting my personal library and research materials to come in today. That and a few sensitive items that customs require that I retrieve them personally. And I must follow up on my realtor. I am afraid that I might need a home in Moscow. Damn the luck. In two days I should be able to share some of my research with the relevant data to show how and why I have come to my conclusions. And if you know of anyone who can help me set up my computers, that would be great also."

John was about to wait for Jensen's reply, but the words just kept coming.

"But before I go I need to tell you something. And I think you need to hear it more than I need to say it. You do believe. I do not know what you are struggling with or why, but I do know what a man who is struggling looks like. A man 'kicking against the goads' so to speak. I am a recovered drug addict. The fact that you are still struggling is indicative that you still believe. It is evident of the battle of the Flesh against the Spirit. Just remember, His grace is sufficient. That and since salvation is a gift, and Romans 11:29 says that 'The gifts of God are irrevocable'."

John looked at his companion. Did his words help? Or did he come of as a rambling zealot? John was never called to preach, but he knew that he must spread the message.

After getting Jenson's reply as to whether or two days would be good him or not, John headed to the loft he was renting. It was okay for now, but he needed something with more space and a larger electrical service. His library wasn't priceless by any stretch of the imagination, but it did go into the millions. And some of the works that he had procured were, to his knowledge, unique. At least they were until John had them copied. Always prepare for the worst. Most of the books that were coming were copies. Some were just too fragile to travel. But some were the real McCoy. He might need to send for others, but not yet.

Once he got home, he checked his messages, confirmed an appointment to see a prospective house, and made sure that his delivery was arriving as expected. Once all that was done, he laid down and allowed his mind to drift. There was something that he desperately needed from the Dream. he just didn't know what that was, and since the Dream reminded him of a much hated past he sometimes struggled with navigating it when it should be second nature by now.

John stepped into the Dream.
Edited by doulou, Sep 25 2013, 11:19 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-22-2013, 07:02 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-22-2013, 09:15 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-24-2013, 07:43 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-24-2013, 09:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-25-2013, 08:04 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-26-2013, 05:58 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-26-2013, 05:41 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-28-2013, 01:45 PM