This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Uncovering the Past
John was surprised at how calm he was under the circumstances. He really did see the humor in the situation. Walk casually into a man's house and attempt to rob him blind while he is sitting at the table. And guess what, he is pissed. Go figure.

"I am a little unsure on how to proceed. I am a researcher. A scholar so to speak. I am not into confrontation. Especially not on foreign territory." At least John felt that that was truthful enough to fly. Yoseph just sat there. John waited for the man to show any sign of believing the story. Nothing, so John decided to continue. His years of hiding his addiction made him an adequate manipulator as long as there was enough truth to be plausible.

"Are you a religious man? Have you ever looked into biblical history? Or tried to prove or disprove its authenticity? I work for men who are very interested. They believe the Bible is more than is generally believed. They believe that it is not what it professes to be. I personally couldn't care less. I am called 'Doulou.' It is Greek for slave. We contract out our services to and do the leg work for people who for whatever reason are not willing to expose themselves to risk or travel. I am who and what I say I am. A scholar. I seek the truth and care not what it turns out to be."

John showed Yoseph his notes. Swelling with pride in always making his notes cryptic and vague. All they really said that there was an underlying text and a general outline of topics. No discernible 'meat' in there at all. Trusting no one paid off. Now if only he could be more careful of his surroundings.

Suddenly, John became afraid. He was fucking scared. Yoseph just glanced at John's notes and slid them back to him. "Be careful not to do anything that would be seen as 'unfriendly.' You are our guest. Remember that there are only guests and intruders. You would not want to be thought of as an intruder."

Yoseph smiled and departed. John watched the man leave the library. John didn't take his eyes off of the man until he was gone. Yoseph had NO scent. there was nothing. Somehow John was the radar. But who's radar?

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-22-2013, 07:02 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-22-2013, 09:15 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-24-2013, 07:43 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-24-2013, 09:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-25-2013, 08:04 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-26-2013, 05:58 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-26-2013, 05:41 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-28-2013, 01:45 PM