This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Day Trippin'
The huge wolf smelled amused. If he wasn't a wolf, John would have expected to have seen him rolling on the floor laughing. John didn't think that he could be that much of a novelty.

Bear-Who-Runs-On-Ice, that was the wolf's name. He had presence here that John had only encountered once. The first wolf he talked to, some 10 years ago, Chases-Snakes-Through-The-High-Grass. He was killed in the Dream. It was one of the most horrifying experiences in John's life.

John sent out the image of Chases-Snakes-Through-The-High-Grass. He projected the scene where 'something' came out of nowhere and chased John. Whatever that 'something' was, it was obviously hunting John. Chases-Snakes-Through-High-Grass went bat-shit crazy. He attacked the creature with both the desperation of a drowning man and the savagery of a bitch protecting her cubs. The wolf never once relented, even when it was obviously mortally wounded. The creature was destroyed, but Chases-Snakes-Through-The-High-Grass lay dying. There was no remorse in the wolf, he did what was necessary, what was expected. John was baffled. When the wolf died next to him, John howled. He howled until he thought his lungs would explode. When his voice finally broke, he heard the baying of what had to be a thousand wolves. A dirge sadder than anything he had ever heard before.

He was my teacher, John sent to Bear-Who-Runs-On-Ice. The memory put tears in John's eyes. "I am in the Dream. The real question here, is do I understand what this place is. The answer is 'no'. I have vague ideas and no answers."

Edited by doulou, Sep 30 2013, 08:06 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-26-2013, 12:11 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-28-2013, 04:04 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 09-30-2013, 03:24 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-30-2013, 07:04 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-01-2013, 12:40 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 10-03-2013, 03:57 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-05-2013, 04:47 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-07-2013, 10:47 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 10-09-2013, 01:39 PM