This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Haven
"What I am aware of is that you approached me based on the conversation about a Bible. Maybe more specifically on getting clarity on my treatment of the Word of God. You sought a second audience with me and offered friendship and possible assistance when God sent me to find allies. All I did was obey. He provided not only an ally but one who can help keep me grounded. Someone familiar enough with God's Word to point out to me when I could be in danger of 'missing the mark'. Someone whose background and knowledge base differs from mine and is complementary at the same time. And you were able to confirm what I suspected about people, God's people, with supernatural powers. And you confirmed to me that you are not evil. Otherwise, you would have killed me instead of confessing your presumed guilt."

"I am trusting God. I am trusting the man God sent to me. I am trusting the man who stands before today who not only seems willing but eager to do God's will in the face of considerable adversity. The man who says that he must pray and fast before continuing to ensure that he is in fact aligning himself with the will of God and not running on self-will."

"I assume that your failings are like mine. I stopped trusting and relying on God, and He showed me the error of my ways while offing me an out that came with a second chance. In 1Timothy:15 when Paul wrote that
'Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief'
he was not saying that his sins were worse than yours, mine, David's, Ahab's, Jezebel's, Saul's, or Judas'. He was saying that his sins were the worst because he knew why he sinned. It was because in his eyes, at some point he stopped treating God as if He was sufficient. Just like I did. Maybe like you did. He knew that he was sinning, knew why he was sinning, and he knew that if he would only accept God's assistance that he could overcome his lusts of the flesh. Yet he chose to sin anyway. Just like I did. That was why to him, his sin is the greatest. Because he knew the circumstances surrounding his choices."

"These things that I am offering you were given to me first by Him. They have served their purpose for me, and now they can continue to aid in His work only if passed to another. 'In order to keep it, you must give it away.'"

Edited by doulou, Nov 5 2013, 10:29 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-11-2013, 07:30 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-14-2013, 09:09 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-28-2013, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-28-2013, 07:58 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-30-2013, 08:56 PM