This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Guardians of Prophecy
There was something in the way that Armande asked his question. His emotions seemed to waiver. s if he were at the cusp of a decision What was Armande thinking? It most be something important to momentarily shift the man's focus.

John as not about to divulge too much of his mission to this man. Especially not his 'abilities'. "You are well aware of the fact that I am a collector of ... unconventional artifacts?"
Armande just looked at John, waiting for him to continue. "I am about to have a few things brought into the room. They would seem bizarre and out of place for a career student such as myself, but for some reason I doubt that any thing would surprise you."

John hit a button built into his chair, "Joab will please bring in the table. And the refer cabinet."
As soon as the words were out of John's mouth, the door opened with a man wheeling in a small table and another man wheeling in a sizeable steel and glass cabinet. "Thank you gentlemen, I will call you shortly to replace these things."

The small table held a wide assortment of tactical firearms and close quarters weapons, all of which were in immaculate condition. The 'cabinet' contained a few bodies. Autopsies were obviously done by highly qualified individuals. In the case was a rougarou, a chupakabra, a human, and a dreyken. John looked at Armande and began to tell him a story that began about 10 years ago.

"10 years ago, I went on a hunting trip in Central Texas. I went with two other people who failed to identify our objective properly to me. We encountered a creature that also resembled a human a distance. As you can see, it was quite resilient and not easily killed. I had it preserved and the organs studied. I can't prove that it was human, but I believe that was originally. Whether the change was from design or mutation, I have not been able to verify. It is not the sort of thing that one can go ask medical professionals. At least not the legitimate ones."

"The 'goat sucker' we killed in the Rio Grande valley. That is the Mexicans believe to be a chupakabra. Nasty little bastard. And fast. We got the 'man in the same valley. He, I know, was a man. The physiological changes seem to have been caused by a chemical reaction in the brain. It is related some how to the chupakabra."

"The other 'human-like' creature was nearly impossible to bring down. It was hit over thirty times with a .45 caliber bullet. I didn't think that I was going to survive that encounter. I decapitated after it was killed. We fought it on three separate occasions before finally bringing it down. I wasn't taking any chances."

"We live in an age of darkness. Things that should not be walk this earth, and they prey on mankind. You ask what I mean by my question as to whether the Ascendancy can do 'things'? The answer is I am not sure what I know exactly what means in truth. But I suspect that it could be anything from the manipulation of matter, light, or even the human mind. Power that is the thing of legends."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Armande - 10-27-2013, 08:08 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-04-2013, 10:01 AM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-05-2013, 02:32 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-06-2013, 02:38 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-19-2013, 08:17 AM