This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hurting and I Know It
Emily frowned, sad that Ayden's date had turned out poorly. At least the frown didn't have to be faked like her smile. Even when she was glad, the smile felt fake - she just didn't feel it. "I'm sorry your date didn't go well."

The question that Ayden asked had caught Emily off guard. "Me?"
Emily asked. "I mean I'd love to, but shouldn't your bridal party be helping with that. I don't want to step on anyone's toes."

Ayden laughed, "Well, that I don't have yet, so how would you like to fill the maid of honor roll, as well?"

Emily blinked and then smiled, the first genuine one since the incident. Emily caught her sister smile too. She had noticed it. "I'd be honored."

As they finished their meal, Rachel picked up the plates and put them in the sink. Emily was feeling better now, even though she still hurt. "Should we head out now?"

"Sure. I'll need to look for a dress for the gala too."

"Good. That way I can make sure you don't look better than me at the party."
She said with a grin. "That reminds me that my dress is done and I need to pick it up. You wouldn't mind?"

Ayden smiled. "I wouldn't dream of looking better than you. And I don't mind."

Emily smiled and turned to Rachel. "Will you be okay by yourself?"

Rachel nodded. "I have homework to do anyways."

"You haven't even started classes yet."

Rachel shrugged. "I know. Pyschiatry professors really don't care about the mental stability of their students it seems."

Emily gave a slight giggle. "Alright. I'll be back - need to get my coat and keys from my room."
Emily then left the room to get her stuff.

Rachel was left alone with Ayden. She had hoped for this. Hoped to get a chance to talk to her without Emily. Something was wrong, and Rachel didn't know what it was, but Emily wasn't acting like herself. Rachel was scared and worried about her that it almost hurt.

It did hurt when Emily had yelled at her. Even when angry, it was a weird thing for Emily to yell. Even as a first year psychiatry student, she understood what it was. It was a defense mechanism. She was protecting herself, but Rachel didn't know what. It only made her worry more.

But she had called Ayden and Ayden had come. Ayden had got her to smile. Rachel wasn't jealous that Ayden had succeed where she had failed. She was glad to see that Emily didn't have a fake smile anymore.

Rachel looked at Ayden, the concern in her eyes. "Hey Ayden, can we talk?"

Ayden raised an eyebrow quizically, "Sure"

"I...I...Thank you for coming over."
Rachel's eyes moved towards where Emily had departed the room. "Something's wrong. I don't know what it is and when I asked her about it she got mad. She's been here a few days and I don't think she's called anyone or left the house much. Even last night after picking me up, she tried to stay away."
She looked at Ayden again. "She's isolating and acting very strange. It's so unlike her. Please...will you keep an eye on her while you're out."

"I have a feeling I know what the problem is and I'll look out for her and see if i can do anything to fix her problem."

Rachel smiled a bit. Thank you. I'm just so scared for her. Do you think she'll be okay?"

Ayden laughed, "She'll be fine, she's stronger than she knows."

Rachel's head moved as she heard Emily coming down the stairs. "Thank you."
She said before turning back to the sink to wash dishes.

Emily went upstairs and looked in the mirror. She looked terrible. The past couple of days had taken their toll and she washed her face. It helped a bit. She took the time to change her clothes too, making herself look a little more presentable before grabbing her coat, purse, and keys.

She went downstairs, putting on her coat as she did. When she saw Ayden, she raised the keys to her Impala. "Do you want to drive or should I? Or should we take the train?"

((With Ayden))
Edited by Emily Shale, Mar 18 2015, 12:39 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-16-2015, 03:07 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-16-2015, 08:28 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 03-17-2015, 12:37 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-17-2015, 01:01 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 03-18-2015, 05:12 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-18-2015, 12:39 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 03-19-2015, 08:06 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 03-20-2015, 12:01 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-20-2015, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 03-20-2015, 01:18 PM