This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Last chance
Elias turned half-way through Asha's recital. They covered Lord Tennyson's poetry in 10th grade, Elias recognized it.

His memories of the sea were fading by the day. The months passed in Wellington were the fondest of his life. If only his uncle hadn't gone and died and ruined it all, if the New Zealand government hadn't smothered the inquiries into the manner of his death, Elias may still be there.

He studied the curves of the sculpture before them. Elias felt like the Kraken. He felt sorry for the beast. Dwelling ancient and alone in the dark abyss of his home, finally lured to the surface, only to find light and die. Tennyson's poem was suppose to be a Sonnet, but Elias found it sad. He was given a B- on that essay in 10th grade. Apparently saddness was the wrong reaction to the poem.

Asha saw something grander in the sculpture, and Elias opened his mouth to speak to his thoughts when another voice interrupted.

The man before them carried himself like an alpha-male barely tolerating their presence. Elias' eyes narrowed even as they openly studied the marks of injury on his face.

"Sören Lindgren,"
he did not stumble over the pronunciation of the northerner's name. Butchering names only reminded him of being born a hick. Google was handy like that.
"Elias Donovan,"
he started, glancing at the man's hand, but made no move to offer his own gloved palm. "This is Asha,"
he finished.

He half-heartedly thought Soren would not show up. Now they were face to face, he was obligated to say something about the deaths mentioned in the news. "Our condolences for the loss of your colleagues."
Forced, maybe, but he said it. Images of Roopkund's pit of skeletons and gaping maw of a cave swirled in his mind like a whirlpool.

"I mentioned before that I had a proposition for you. Do you know anything about the videos put out by the Lir Navy?"
He exchanged a look with Asha. The Lirs were all gone now.. their fleet decimated. She had been there through it all, and it took a toll on her, Elias knew, even if he could do nothing to relieve her the pain.

"The Lir's beast in the sea is more than a big fish. It's guarding something; and I can prove it. My tale is long, and I will share it with you if you require, but my proposal is simple. I am seeking a man who knows how to extract hidden treasure."

A twisted smile touched his lips as he crossed his arms. That left one looming question. "Do you believe in the Kraken?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 01-28-2018, 09:51 PM
[No subject] - by Ashavari - 01-29-2018, 08:26 AM
[No subject] - by Sören - 01-30-2018, 08:58 AM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 01-30-2018, 09:34 PM
[No subject] - by Ashavari - 01-31-2018, 03:19 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 01-31-2018, 03:43 PM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 02-01-2018, 08:48 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 02-03-2018, 06:15 PM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 02-05-2018, 08:45 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 02-08-2018, 07:09 AM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 02-11-2018, 10:43 PM