This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Stranger than fiction
Jon kept his face impassive as he listened to Jensen James recount his experience. He flipped through what little files had been released to him as Jensen spoke. Everything the man said checked out -- the gunshots, the dead boys, even the witness statement from one of the two survivors. The man was certainly in full possession of his mental faculties.

Jensen was right about one thing: the truth would certainly complicate things. But there were other ways to go about helping Jensen out of this mess.

"Would you believe me if I said an old woman killed those boys? That I scared her off the fourth one and she flew away?"

Indeed. The experience reminded Jon of the creature who'd attacked him at the gas station so long ago, before Jon had even an inkling of the things that lay hidden from everyday view. Then came Jensen's tale of...restoring the boy's life. This was not something Jon had ever heard of before. But old stories were indeed full of tales of miraculous healing -- it should be something possible with the power of the Great Spirit. Was Jensen yet another with the ability?

Jon didn't have to wait long for confirmation, for he soon felt the swelling of the power within the other man. The man looked to the ceiling, and ecstasy flooded his face. As far as Jon could tell, he was filling himself like a water skin stretched to bursting.

"You would be surprised what I would find believable, Mr. James,"
Jon finally said. "You have been blessed with a great gift. I would very much like to see how you performed your act of healing; however, if you are feeling any sensation of pain or headaches you are drawing too deeply and must consciously back off your grip. Release it at will, do not let it slip from your grasp."

Jon considered what should be done now that Jensen had told this story to the Custodians. It truthfully didn't matter whether they believed it or not. The only thing that mattered was whether the story found its way to the wrong ears.

"You are correct that your testimony of the actual events won't help you here. In fact it could endanger you if the wrong party were to hear of it. You were interrogated while under the influence of medical drugs and did not have an attorney present. Not exactly inadmissible in the CCD, but unreliable enough that I should be able to get the testimony squashed."

Jon leaned back. "Please take care not to give any additional testimony unless I am present."
Jensen's testimony shouldn't even be necessary. One only had to look at the facts presented thus far. "Aside from one potentially unreliable witness, the Custodians have no case whatsoever. Other witnesses did indeed hear the gunshots you described. When you were in the hospital they already had your hands tested for powder residue and it came up negative. They also tested you for DNA evidence that could link you to the boys' murder."

The only thing that should come up once DNA testing was complete was blood from the boy Jensen had claimed he'd healed. The three corpses were already at the morgue and Jon would immediately file to test them for powder residue and DNA sampling.

"You may rest easy, Mr. James. The facts simply don't tie you to the boys' murder, only that you arrived on scene too late to do anything and attempted to give one of the witnesses first aid. Even the CCD should recognize that. I can likely have you released by this evening, but you will have to remain in Moscow until charges are formally dropped. Now, do you have somewhere safe to go?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-24-2013, 04:26 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-27-2013, 09:08 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-28-2013, 01:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-29-2013, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-30-2013, 08:15 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-30-2013, 04:03 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 12-01-2013, 10:38 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 12-02-2013, 04:07 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 12-03-2013, 02:28 AM