This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Chasing Phantoms
Not a bad thing. A flicker of a smile caught the edges of her lips, perhaps a breath of relief too, though both faded with the revelation that she had not remembered him in the other world. Nimeda hadn't known for certain that she would, and though she was a creature whimsically hopeful, it didn't surprise her much. Still, he'd found her, which was something, even if the occasion had been disappointing for him. Jon's cheeks were flushed, and she peered curiously until he distracted her attention.

"Ahh, so we're spying!"
She took the paper with a conspiratorial swipe and grin, and glanced at the writing even if the words wriggled and blurred away from understanding. Well, okay, maybe she wasn't trying very hard to actually read the secrets Jon sought, but she enjoyed the camaraderie and the trust he placed in her. Grey eyes peeked over the top of the paper, brows raised as though he'd passed her something scandalous. Then it wisped away from her grasp, dissolving to nothing as her hands fell back in her lap.

To protect me? What kind of panic had there been? She absorbed his words strangely solemnly given her usual playfulness. A young girl who fell. No memories broke the surface, but feeling roiled within, disconnected to context, and it robbed the light-heartedness from her countenance. Her gaze dropped, studying her bare feet, and her brows lowered. The barest hint of claustrophobic panic. No fear, but a sort of sadness. With nothing to hook the emotion to, her thoughts drifted. She did not like to think of Jon in a hospital bed. The frown deepened.

For the rest, a second passed before comprehension dawned. It rippled faintly over her expression, peripheral to what she considered more pressing concerns. "Oh. That."
She didn't explain any further, but she clearly understood at least something of what Jon meant, and apparently viewed it as unremarkable. Just another of the oddities that made up her existence here. "You don't have to worry about me. But I don't know about her."

"I hope I didn't hurt you."
She glanced at Bear quickly, like a child wary of a scolding, but the uncertainty didn't last. She offered a smile.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-04-2014, 09:09 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 06-08-2014, 05:09 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-12-2014, 04:49 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 06-17-2014, 10:14 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-19-2014, 11:40 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 08-10-2016, 01:23 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 08-10-2016, 02:09 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-10-2016, 04:36 AM