This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Chasing Phantoms
Jon wheeled around in surprise at the sound of the voice, and in doing so clumsily knocked over a bust from its perch beside the desk. By impulse he stuck his hand out and imagined it cushioned by air, stopping its fall. What a silly thing to do, it wasn't like the thing could be destroyed in this place anyway.

"Nimeda, what--"
He glanced at Bear, who gave her a little, polite smile. Well, little for him Of course he wouldn't react oddly, he didn't know that she'd been on the train! Great Spirit, my wits are gone.
Yet, here she was, as she'd just been in the waking world, quiet and aloof...except in the waking world those things seemed to his casual observation to be erected as barriers to keep the outside world a safe distance away. Or maybe just keep Jon away. Why would she want to do that? It startled him that such a thing bothered him so.

"Nimeda, I was just on the train with you that broke down in the waking world...there was the young girl who fell, and the panic...I tried to stop it. You said you didn't know who I was. Don't you remember any of that?"

Why was she here? Had she dozed off? Was she also out cold and like Jon in a hospital somewhere? Was she hurt worse? She must have used the power of the Great Spirit -- that was that barrier that had no cause...

Wait. If she didn't remember any of that, and she didn't remember Jon then, then why..."Wait, you do remember me now?"

What, by the Great Spirit, was going on here? Jon sat down behind the desk and took a deep breath.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-04-2014, 09:09 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 06-08-2014, 05:09 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-12-2014, 04:49 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 06-17-2014, 10:14 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-19-2014, 11:40 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 08-10-2016, 01:23 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 08-10-2016, 02:09 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-10-2016, 04:36 AM