This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Therapy
Jet leaned forward to listen to Beto’s answer, elbows on knees, hands clasped. The intensity of his gaze was one of the things interviewers liked about Jet. When he gave you his attention, it was his full attention. He didn’t just take on the posture of listening. Jet was truly engaged. And Beto had always been someone he’d looked up to, though in a “not my bag” kind of way. They were very different in their lifestyles and fashion sense, but their familial resemblance didn't end at both of them having similar noses. They were brought up in the same environment, with the same grand parents. Maybe more significantly, they shared DNA.

Jet chuckled and nodded when Beto mentioned the torn jeans. Beto might have even realized that these jeans were very old and the torn knees were not a product of fashion, but of good old fashioned wear and tear. Jet had not always been rich. If he had, Melany would not have had to depend on the donations of those rich Texas housewives. Maybe now they could put an end to that relationship and he could just invest his money into her "temples" directly - make it a family affair. They would have to talk in person. Melany could be inordinately stubborn and slow to make a decision. Especially where her charges were concerned.

“Beto, I will pay all your expenses - don't worry about that. We will need accommodations for while we are there, too. I can get Josh on that and flights once you get in touch with your associate and have firm information.”

Jet reached into an inner pocket of his sleek leather jacket for his wallet. Out of it he pulled a card and slid it across the desk.

“That is my PA’s card."
Beto might have remembered Josh Ledger from high school though he was probably a freshman when Beto was a senior. "Your secretary has the number, but perhaps you won't have the use of her if you'll be taking a leave of absence. In case you can’t reach me directly, he will be at your disposal and you may use his services while you are with me and acting on my behalf.”
Jet’s words seemed a little more formal than usual. Perhaps he needed Beto to know that he was not simply a flaky artist. Had Jet opted to go to college like his poor mother had wanted him to, he would very likely have ended up at MIT. But the economy had been so bad, he knew he could make more money as a musician than as a nuclear physicist.

I have already asked Josh to start looking into the logistics of getting us there. Is your passport up to date?”
He chuckled then. He couldn’t imagine Beto would ever let something like that slip.

Jet took and released a deep breath and looked up over Beto’s head at the wall of books, thinking. He wasn’t surprised that Beto would make the connection between Melany’s young women and “unusual abilities.” Melany had tried to keep the whole affair intentionally mystical. She preferred to come across as a gypsy-like spiritual leader of a harmless cult that took care of wayward girls than give people the impression that she actually had channelers under her roof. Not everyone in the United States, especially the south, would approve of such a thing. Fortunately, many still gave the whole topic as much credence as UFOs and a free ride. Once again, Beto’s astuteness didn’t surprise him. Staying abreast of what family did was what Jet found unusual. Realizing he must appear to be gathering wool, he looked back down.

“As for my sister, I will send Josh to see her directly. I think she might be very interested in this plan. Anything else for now?”
Jet slid to the front of his chair in preparation to leaving, not wanting to take up too much of his cousin’s valuable time.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 02-01-2018, 09:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-02-2018, 10:42 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 02-03-2018, 07:03 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-05-2018, 09:41 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 02-06-2018, 12:00 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-13-2018, 10:38 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 02-18-2018, 05:05 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-18-2018, 06:57 PM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 04-14-2018, 08:22 AM