This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Therapy
Beto raised an eyebrow at Jet's surprise and flurry of words. After a moment he understood. His family knew him. Despite his best efforts at appearing normal, most knew he was....off. At least, he did not often make snap decisions without calculated thinking. Impulsive was not a word people applied to him.

A small smile played at his lips. He had let Jet see a little more than he'd wanted to. It had to be the boredom that made him let his guard down. Already, even his secretary had asked him if he was well. It was good he was leaving. Jack would be disappointed, but Beto had no interest in being a political animal. It was the wrong path.

So....as to his request... "I had a colleague at Fordham who has since gone on to work for the CCD."
He did NOT say that this man had, on more than one occasion, gotten in trouble because of his penchant for call girls. Not illegal in the US for many years, but still frowned on. He had never been violent, of course, or Beto would not have considered it. That kind of case attached itself to you and followed you around.

No, in this case, it was your typical young male indescretions. A bit more scandalous and embarressing than normal if it came out. Only he was on scholarship and not old (or even new) money. As such, he did not have the deep pockets required to make such problems go away. And so of course, that was where Beto came in. He met with the owner of the service and after ascertaining the full nature of the her clientele and entertainment, offered his own services pro bono.

It had been arrogant perhaps. He hadn't even passed the bar. But he had been....persuasive. Very pursuasive. In the end, everyone had been satisfied.

"The man we will meet may need some assistance greasing the wheels of social justice. I trust you did not squandor all your earnings on torn jeans."
It was perhaps Beto's only nod to human behavior, a dry sense of humor. "In any case, I suggest we begin moving. I'll email him and take a leave of absence. I recommend you make whatever arrangements you need to make as well. And for the flight and accomodations. I trust you will be covering all expenses."

There was no point in pretending disinterest after exposing it earlier. Something else occurred to him. "Evelyn Avalon is currently in the CCD with the Secretary of State. She is a channeler and advocating for channeler rights. You might contact your 'estranged' sister"-
his tone made it clear he knew it was a ruse- "She might be able to contact Ms. Avalon. I understand your sister has some....special women in her temple."

He shook his head at the credulity of so many people. "Perhaps Ms. Avalon might be another resource. If you are willing to reunite, that is. Otherwise, we'll see how much my old classmate may be able to do. The fact is, we have no legal standing, nor are we privvy to WHY she was institutionalized."
Nor, in truth, did he care. He saw his way out and would take it.

He smiled. "We must be ready for bear."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 02-01-2018, 09:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-02-2018, 10:42 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 02-03-2018, 07:03 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-05-2018, 09:41 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 02-06-2018, 12:00 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-13-2018, 10:38 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 02-18-2018, 05:05 PM
[No subject] - by Jet - 02-18-2018, 06:57 PM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 04-14-2018, 08:22 AM