This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Blue Line
Aria nodded as Rune left, maybe they would see each other again, maybe not. Who knew, right now Aria had more imposing things to worry about. The man to whom she was about to met was a long time friend of her father. They apparently were in training together but their ways had been separated over the years. Aria didn't know if that was a good thing or not. What had her father told him about her? Was it all bad? Aria tentatively knocked on the solid door in front of her. A strong but distracted voice called, "Come in."

Aria took a deep breath, shouldered her bag and reached for the doorknob. The metal was cold against her skin from the cool air in the basement. She twisted slowly and as soon as the door was open a bare crack the emotions of the occupant inside nearly knocked Aria back a step. She wrapped herself even tighter in the bubble of protection and prayed to God that this was over quickly. Anger was the predominate emotion penetrating Aria's world, she hoped it wasn't at her.

When the door reached it's breadth Aria stepped in and closed the door quietly before she turned to the elderly man before her. His deep hazel eyes stared back at her with anger. Aria gulped. "Aria Piccolo. I'm here from Vatican City."

Father Stone nodded and waved his hand at Aria to take a chair, as he pointed to his ear. He was on the phone. Aria breathed a sigh of relief he was not angry at her. Aria sat down in the chair across from the desk. It was rickety and she nearly fell out of it when she put her weight onto the legs. Aria steadied herself and kept her emotions in check while she glanced around the room. For being someone's office it was sparsely decorated and the most horrid orange color you could imagine. Everything was pristine in the room. Nothing showed even a speck of dust and nothing looked out of place. Aria knew this was a man who desired order above all things.

Aria tried not to listen to the conversation, but Father Stone was being loud in his anger. "I don't care if that's the way it's always been. I'm not wasting my resources on some flipping girl who is old enough to handle herself."

Aria's heart dropped a mile. She knew exactly what they were talking about and her hopes had been dashed, he was angry at her. Or at someone from the Vatican because of her.

With a loud smash, Father Stone brought his hand down to hang up the receiver. Aria wondered if he'd busted the fragile piece of technology. But he didn't seem concerned about the action. He stared at Aria with a malicious grin. "That was Father Dimitri on the phone. He thinks he can give me instructions on how to handle his little treasure he sent our way." Father Stone stood up and walked around his desk to tower over Aria. "He has another thing coming to him if he thinks he can order me around like we were boys still."

Aria looked down at the floor. Father Stone let out a small cackle of joy that raised Aria's hackles, she wished her guns were a little easier to access at this very moment. It would be comforting to feel the cold steal against her hand instead of the brash nature of this man.

Father Stone handed, rather dropped a rather large box on to her lap. "Inside you will find things Father Dimitri sent you to get you started." On top of the box he placed a smaller one labeled, 'Aria's Handler'. "You will not find yourself controlled by anyone short of yourself girl." He grabbed Aria's chin gruffly and made her look up at him. "Do you understand me?" Aria had very little time to react before his hatred of her filled her body. It was too much and Aria's head immediately started to throb, and with in moments her stomach reacted with the same fervor, leaving nothing of her last meal in her stomach.

The next moment Aria found herself on the floor. Her cheek ached from the pain of Father Stone's hand but Aria had not even seen nor felt the action as it took place. She lay in slump on the floor as Father Stone kicked at her so he could hurriedly get by and clean himself up.

From the door Father Stone frowned, "I expect you gone when I get back. Your next mission is in your new wallet on my desk." He turned to leave but turned back quickly, "If I find anything else missing I'll have your head - furia." The last word he nearly spit out at Aria as she lay nearly helpless on the floor.

The pain inside was subsiding but her metal control was shot, she really needed a place to just drown out the world. But she had no home and there was nothing she could do about anything right now. Aria pulled herself together long enough to get outside of the Atharim HeadQuarters with the packages she'd acquired and a new wallet in her pocket. She had never owned one personally, if she wasn't in so much pain she'd be very excited about the new prospects technology would bring.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Rune - 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-29-2013, 06:50 PM
[No subject] - by Rune - 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-30-2013, 06:20 PM
[No subject] - by Rune - 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-31-2013, 04:37 PM
[No subject] - by Rune - 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 08-02-2013, 02:38 PM