This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Window to the Past
He was glad she decided to ignore his comment. He didn't really know what had come over him, it was not like him at -

Now that he thought of it, he couldn't remember the last time he relaxed and laughed. Ever since the...Sickness... he had grown colder. Perhaps it was him after all.

Michael repressed a shiver. He didn't even know himself any more.

“I have this commission – for a design with a serpent and a tree. Which makes me think of Jörmungandr and Yggdrasil.”

The words struck him. He was careful not to show any physical reaction, but he sharpened his senses.

He had not really been paying attention. He was glad for the conversation, and he wasn't ignoring the woman, but he didn't pay attention to detail, lost in his own troubled thoughts.

He surveyed her like he would a map of a battlefield. Of course, he would never actually admit it, anyone would likely be offended, but it was not a sign of disrespect to his mind, just a way of analysing a person.

She seemed open and honest. He could not detect any guile in her expression but he doubted she was oblivious to his mood.

He would have to be careful, and he hated the need for it. He wished he could take a genuine interest in what someone else was doing - even if it was just a stranger who shared a similar passion - but he could not let his guard slip.

"Jörmungandr... I'm afraid my Norse mythology is a little rusty. The World Serpent, was it? It seems that the ancients were fond of snakes. Gilgamesh, the Bible... In fact, I recall Greeks had a similar notion. The Ouroboros, Tail Devourer. I have always wondered what the fascination with the snake was about."

He paused, and located the book he had noticed earlier with Jörmungandr on it's spine. "I think this may help."
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-25-2013, 10:29 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-29-2013, 06:12 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-30-2013, 08:02 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-30-2013, 08:43 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-31-2013, 05:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-01-2013, 05:16 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-03-2013, 07:11 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-03-2013, 08:49 AM