This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Object of My Fear
Days blurred into each other. Aria wasn't sure what day it was, or the time. Her wallet had vibrated many times over her stay at head quarters. She hadn't bothered to go home, slept in the office or the infirmary, wherever she could find a place to hole up for a few hours until Borovsky found her and started asking more questions.

He had wanted to know about every mission she'd ever been on. Everything in her file. Every injury averted because of her skills. Every life saved, ever dangerous monster caught and executed. Everything.

He asked about Cai Mai, and Antoinette. He even inquired into Father Dimitri and Scott Fitzgerald. It was the moment question he'd asked her before he'd given her a much longer break, like he had been processing everything up to that point.

She had returned to food sitting on the side of the room. He commanded her to eat, but the venom of their first meeting had dulled. Aria could still feel his hatred of her, of what she represented. But inside there was also another fire burning, one to which Aria knew well. It was what every other Atharim had felt towards her, the fire of using a tool that was precisely what they needed or wanted. Martin Borovsky intended to use Aria. Aria nibbled at the bread she'd picked up on command. But it did little to ease the fact that she was again, nothing more than a tool to be used.

And then the real meat of the entire journey started. "Tell me of your plans to kill Ascendancy."
It all boiled down to this, how she could best be utilized against Apollyon.

Aria nodded. "The Ascendancy is the most powerful man on earth, he can't be take out like a godling in an alley way, or down some country road. A bullet to the head is just as easy to do here, if you find the right time, the right moment. I'm looking for that moment."

Aria glanced back at the door she'd come in. "I can show you better."
Without a second thought he stood up and motioned for Aria to show him. He was now a man of very little words. Nothing she had said had phased him, but he wanted to see.

The halls of the Atharim were still busy after the convocation, everyone was still hanging around waiting on orders, or for invitations into the new orders of Archangels. Aria still hated the name, hated the use of the religion they stood under to validate the murder of innocent people. But that was for another day, today she fought for her own life.

Aria opened to door to the office she'd been keeping. The walls were plastered with articles. The computer screen was off. "Everything I've learned about the Ascendancy is in this room. I've been looking through successful and failed mission reports of other godlings. Looking for keys, for what went right, and what went wrong. I'm learning about the man himself. Trying to find an angle, something to find that right moment."

She turned to Borovsky. "One missing piece is what happened in Siberia, at the monastery. I intend to go there. To see what I can find."

Edited by Aria, Feb 5 2015, 03:06 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 01-30-2015, 08:59 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 01-30-2015, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-02-2015, 01:25 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-03-2015, 08:52 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-03-2015, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-04-2015, 02:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-05-2015, 10:19 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-05-2015, 04:31 PM