This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Object of My Fear
Aria watched Martin Borovsky removed his black robe of the inquisition and fold it neatly to place it on the bookshelf behind his desk. He sat down in his leather chair with the command to make herself sit as well. Aria followed without question. Though there were a billion questions running through her head. And the longer he stared at her the more questions and the greater the fear rose inside her. What did he know? How much had he gathered from her friends, from Father Stone before his untimely demise at the hands of the same organization that now held her fate in the balance.

Aria could feel his emotions playing through something, the righteousness of his feelings, the feeling of self-entitlement. He was a proud man, Aria continued to stare blankly at him. He seemed rattled by ther lack of emotions and Aria found a small comfort in that.

He pushed a folder towards her. From his words it must be here file. He'd read every case she'd ever been on. Who else had he talked to? Why was she here? But the moments drew on and he finally confronted her. He told her facts, he showed her an image of Sonja dead, and a foot beside her and Aria looked up at him with questions. Had Mya been with her, from the look in the picture she had been. Lucas was going to be devestated after all the trouble he'd gone through to help them. Borovsky asked her why she was still alive, she assumed before he killed her. Aria spoke quietly through the bubble of no emotions. "I was using her."

"For what? She should be dead, she was a junkie and no one would have missed her."
Aria could feel his hatred of the gods in that one sentence.

Aria nodded. "When I first went after her, my intentions were to kill her."
Though not for the reasons that Martin Borovsky was to learn about. Aria smiled, it didn't reach her eyes. "She choose a moment to use her power, and I noticed something strange."
It was a completely lie, but it was useful, and anything useful could keep her alive and off the headsman's block for a little while longer. "She disappeared from my senses. I assume the Regus told you what I am, or he'd not have one such as you watching me."

He quirked a smile and Aria leaned back in the chair. "Explain it to me."

Aria did the best she could, told him, lies about how she was there one moment, fighting her withdrawl symptoms and then the next she was gone, a small ball of light appeared before her as she walked down the alley way. In reality she learned that fact from Michael when he'd saved her on her first mission in Moscow. It was only a matter of months ago, but it felt like a lifetime.

Martin dropped his hands on his desk loudly, Aria was sure he intended to use it as a scare tactic, and inside it had made her jump a mile high, but outwardly, nothing showed, and Aria could feel the disappointment brewing inside of him. "That does not explain why she was still alive."

"I was studying the phenomenon. If I'm to hunt Ascendancy I will use every tool at my disposal, as per the Regus."
Though Aria was certain that the Regus had not intended her to use godlings to fight the battles for her, but she that was the sole purose of her asking about any tool at her disposal.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 01-30-2015, 08:59 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 01-30-2015, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-02-2015, 01:25 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-03-2015, 08:52 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-03-2015, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-04-2015, 02:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-05-2015, 10:19 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-05-2015, 04:31 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-06-2015, 09:27 AM