This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Dissonance or harmony
Ascendancy arrive exactly at the time he'd stated. Marcus idly wondered if the man had waited outside until this moment or had just timed it perfectly. In the end it didn't matter except for the impression it gave. Clearly, time meant something. A memory floated up, a quote from Malcolm X. You won't find anybody more time-conscious than I am. I live by my watch, keeping appointments. Even when I'm using my car, I drive by my watch, not my speedometer. Time is more important to me than distance. Evidently, every second counted to Ascendancy too, it seemed.

They filed into the elevator, Ascendancy flanked by his two guards. Marcus recognized them from that night at the Christmas party, outside his apartment. He smiled at the memory. In hindsight, it was perfectly clear that his little stunt had really been about getting Ascendancy's attention and revealing himself to him. It had been, perhaps, foolish, but it had accomplished its purpose. That he was in this elevator with the man in a facility who's exclusive access Ascendancy was just now making clear was proof of that. He nodded at the warning, all the more curious as to what went on down here. Perhaps a Force training program or something? Marcus was always interested in learning more, taking the things he picked up and analyzing them for deeper applications, as he had with Vellas' spirit weaves, for example.

He glanced over at the man and from the set of his jaw and clipped words, he could tell the man was irritated. At what, he had no clue. Perhaps he disliked being underground. Ascendancy, on the other hand, seemed...more relaxed. He still stood at attention and exuded control, but there was something in his posture that said he liked it down here. Marcus had no particular inclination either way.

"Any questions?"
Ascendancy finished. Marcus suspected that the question was rhetorical. Any question he asked was going to be put off until they were shown why they were there anyway. That was the point of this trip, after all. He was content to wait.

"No, Ascendancy."
He glanced over at the taller of the two guards. Idly, he wondered if he could use the Force. It made sense.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-14-2014, 04:17 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-14-2014, 06:23 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-15-2014, 08:41 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-17-2014, 08:53 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-18-2014, 07:48 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-18-2014, 11:46 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-19-2014, 09:30 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-21-2014, 12:26 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-21-2014, 08:14 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-24-2014, 05:01 PM