This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Arriving in Moscow
Drayson nodded slightly at her reasoning; it was true, no one in the government was interested in dealing with the illegal immigrants. To acknowledge them would cost millions, maybe billions, of dollars, would ruin careers, would cause entire departments to implode under the sudden work load. Hence the soup kitchens, and the occasional small busts. It was just enough to make it seem the problem was known, understood, and under control, to those that lived above.

"You have me wrong lass. At the end of the day, I don't think I care much who killed those men. But I don't want vigilante-ism to be the solution to whats going on down here. I can't help you, officially. If I were to do so, it would mean I had to acknowledge you are here. And if I were to do that, it would end badly for everyone."
He pulled a phone card, the sort that could be used in exceedingly rare payphones, and a business card with his office, work, and personal Wallet number on it, and held it out to her.

"The budget of a Chief Inspector is...excessive. But, as you can understand, I cannot simply do with it as I please. Checks and balances. Penny and bean counters. But, I don't have to worry about jurisdiction or inter-department politics. So if I were to catch wind of trouble somewhere, anywhere, I can look into it. And the pay of a Chief Inspector is equally excessive. And I can do with that, as I please."
At the end of the day, he wasn't out to pad out his portfolio. He didn't need any rush of cheap, easy busts. There was no desire for further promotion, and even if there were, this was not the way to go about it. He was exactly where he wanted to be, because he was able to do as he saw fit. He could turn a blind eye to the illegal immigrants if everyone else in the CCD seemed so damnable hellbent on doing so, but he could not ignore the problems they had.

And he was worried about more then simple crime. There were things down here that defied rational explanation. The coroner reports on the two dead cannibals were just as confusing as he had expected, and rather then look deeper, it had been decided to just close the case and let it be ignored. Likely, any tips Aeva provided him with would be of the mundane sort; gangs and murderers and such, but each foray he could make into the underground, the more chance he had to find and deal with the things he was worried were down there.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aeva - 07-30-2013, 03:57 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 08-07-2013, 02:53 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 08-21-2013, 11:23 AM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 09-04-2013, 11:47 AM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 09-10-2013, 11:19 AM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 09-24-2013, 02:16 PM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 09-27-2013, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 10-02-2013, 11:19 AM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 10-06-2013, 08:31 PM