This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Different Kind of Hunt
It was several hours after her last response was sent. Aria decided to head downstairs and take a look at the shop below that her landlord owned. It wasn't much, mostly dusty and old books dating back to a century that no one could recall some even farther back than that.

But books weren't the only things that she'd seen. On her first trip through the little shop she had eyed an antique sword sitting high up on a shelf above the stairs.

Aria could sit and stare at it for hours on end. The shop keep always watched her stare at the sword. He never said anything just watched her.

She'd taken a picture of it and browsed through some of the books that held stories and accounts of ancient weapons and battles. Some were stories she had not read prior.

This time was different, he spoke to her. "It's a piece of work isn't it."

Aria nodded, "Yeah. What do you know about it?"

He smiled nearly toothless at her, "Not much. It's old." He paused. "Very old. It has been in my family for many years. Passed down from generation to generation, so many times we've lost count."

"My grandfather told me once, that it once belonged to a god." He laughed at that and Aria smiled. "Do you believe that, a god, as if they really existed."

Sadly Aria knew that men had made that claim once. "It should have gone to my son upon his coming of age, but sadly he was killed before he reached it."

Aria looked to the old man with sorrow. Her ability feeding from his sadness. Aria braced her self inside the emptiness and tried to move the topic away. Maybe another day he could tell her about him. How he died. "May I hold it?"

The man looked at her with a grin. "I've been waiting for you to ask child."

Aria carefully took the relic from the shelf it rested on. It was perfectly balanced, it nearly hummed when it sliced through the air.

*Beep* Aria sighed, a response had finally come in, at the most inopportune time. She placed it back on the shelf and stuck her hand in her pocked to read the message that she was sent.

She sighed again. It was worse than she had hoped for. What could she tell this person without giving away her secrets.

The store keep watched her with curiosity. "Perhaps, if you gave the sword a proper work out you would feel better."

It was such an odd thing to say Aria stared at him before coming to the conclusion that he knew more than he let on about many things.

Aria smiled, "You were one with the snake?"

He nodded, "Many years ago. My son was barely six when I fought the monster that killed him. It was a sad day for my family. I didn't hunt much after that instead coming here to provide knowledge to up and coming hunters like you. But none have ever asked about the sword."

"It is yours if you desire it."

Aria nearly feel over wtih excitement. "Really?"

He nodded, "Tend it well, the blade does not need sharpening, but that's no reason to let it be tarnished."

Curiouser and curiouser. Aria took the sword down with cation, "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "My pleasure. I should get back to the front now as I'm sure you have things to do."

Aria nodded started back up to her room with the sword in one hand and staring at her wallet thinking about what to say.

It finally came to her.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>Quote:</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
I need some custom work done. A different kind of database, a 3d rendering in the goggles based on data I have, integrated mapping software. New verbal and touch commands. Holographic controls would be awesome to for what I have in mind.

It was brief and nearly encompassing with out giving away the exact details of what she really wanted - a monster hunting aid.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-08-2013, 01:23 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-06-2013, 10:54 AM
[No subject] - by Katya - 12-06-2013, 01:33 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-06-2013, 01:43 PM
[No subject] - by Katya - 12-09-2013, 01:39 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-10-2013, 01:59 PM
[No subject] - by Katya - 12-11-2013, 01:16 PM