This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

In the Heat of the...Tunnel?
At the sound of a body hitting the floor, and rasping coughs, Serena turned back to the end of the tunnel with the cavern and now, four men in it. She tilted her head to the side as she crouched down, watching the interaction between the men. Slowly, she peered behind her, at the dancing shadows, torn between what she should do. Sweat beaded on her upper lip, and a cold chill wracked through her body. She needed a fix, she would give anything just to have her head screwed on properly, and the only way she knew how to do that was use. Opiates were the easiest thing to find here, although a set of rigs was difficult to keep on you, but you found a way.

As it turned out, there was no need for Serena to make up her mind. The commanding cop did it for her, which was NOT out of the ordinary. He ordered the service man to take her and the shirtless, possibly half dead, man to follow him. As the two cops walked by, she eyed the man that called himself Drayson, and frowned.

“Who died and made you a God?”
She spoke the last as the younger officer passed by her, emerald eyes attempting to glare through him.

After they had drifted on down the tunnel a bit, she looked at the service man, and shook her head.

“Umm...no.”
She smirked, and as she stood, her knees began to lock, but she forced herself to put one foot in front of the other. Again, she tilted her head to the side, her eyes focusing on the man on the ground. Crossing her arms over her chest, as if she were trying to hug away the feeling of her skin crawling. Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she saw the maintenance guy, Mikhailov, make a move towards her, and she stopped abruptly. Turning on him, placing her hands on her hips, she gestured to the man on the ground. Her stance would have been commanding, if one could look past her lack of height.

“He’s not gonna make it to wherever the hell you’re supposed to take us. The man can hardly walk.”
Pursing her lips, she looked down at him again, and shook her head slightly. Attempting to calm her own nerves, she breathed deeply, then dropped to the ground on one knee, remembering the duffle bag Drayson had dropped. Serena cursed herself for ravaging through “freebies”, but she didn’t have water, and this man needed it.

Fingertips cramping, sending shooting pain up into her wrist, she clawed through the bag until she found a bottle of water. Gods, we gotta do something for this guy. He’s gonna die! Shakily, she grabbed the bottle of water, and began to untwist the cap on the top, which seemed to be much more trouble than it should have been, but there was no way in hell she was just going to stop everything and say, “Hold on everyone, stop what you’re doing. Big scary monster in the tunnel, hold up! Can someone unscrew this cap for me?”

Giggling to herself for a moment, thinking of how ridiculous that would be, she caught herself and felt her face flush slightly. Her eyes moved quickly between the blonde haired man on the floor, to Mikhailov, and she cleared her throat. “I..uh...didn’t say that out loud, did I?”

At last, the top came off of the bottled water, and Serena attempted not to spill water on the wounded man. “You, uh...don’t look so good.”
She stammered as she noticed his open wounds. This is awful, I can’t just let this guy die.
Granted, she knew nothing about him, but that had never stopped her from helping other people. She wasn’t the best with medicine, or holistic, herbal remedies, but she cared...at least somewhat.

The small woman didn’t have time to think, it was happening again, she couldn’t withhold it any longer, her chest felt as if it would cave in, and her breathing came quick in her lungs. Why does this have to happen at every inopportune moment? I shouldn’t even be thinking about me, I should be thinking about getting help for THIS guy!

Her body crumpled forward, so she was practically in a ball, and as she folded forwards, her hand placed on the mans arm. “I’m sorry, I can’t….help..you.”

As her words escaped her lips, a wave of pure serenity washed over her, she was doing it again. Whatever this strange thing was, perhaps it was magic, she had only ever felt energy before in circle when she was younger, not raw power; but, here it was. Furrowing her brow, and biting her lower lip, she remembered that she had only previously used it to lash out at people, or something, but it had always helped her greatest needs. Maybe...she could use it on him.

Serena didn’t know what she was doing, whatever this strange magic was, she wasn’t sure how to control it at all. What she knew was to just will it with all the might she could, and MAYBE it would work. Propping herself on her elbow she looked into the man’s blue eyes, and shrugged. Her eyes grazed over his wounds until she closed her own, and visualized them in her mind. As she did so, she attempted to throw the power at it, like she had before with other things. In her studies as a Wiccan, there were different colours for each element, and each element did something different. Maybe this was like that? What could she lose by trying? Well, just a human..
She smirked slightly, as she pictured what she could of what healing might look like, and as she did so, little tiny threads became visible to her. Opening her eyes in shock, she was amazed when the strands were still there, but they emanated from her, and the ground beneath him.

“Holy hell…”
She started, “What would healing look like...What elements…”
She caught herself mumbling aloud, and snapped her mouth shut, hoping she hadn’t made an idiot of herself. Knowing the power wouldn’t last long, she tried to maneuver it the best she could, and quickly. Her thin fingers moved in the air slightly, to an outsider it would appear as if she was tickling the air before her. In her eyes, she was concentrating very hard at twisting strange, glowing threads together.

I always pictured healing like a gold colour, but I would think you’d use Air and Water mostly…
With each thought she wound blue and yellow strands together, and at the end threaded a single strand of white, or what she thought must have been Spirit. No longer could she hold the power flowing through her, and as she sat back, she was exhausted, and unamused that what she had done had not amounted to much.

“I’m sorry…”
She peered down at the blonde man, then turned to stand and dash back into the tunnel, but what she got was like walking through mud, or against a current in a stream. There was no dashing, just walking...very slowly.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Serena Morrigan - 06-28-2014, 11:03 PM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 06-29-2014, 11:39 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 06-30-2014, 01:38 AM
[No subject] - by Serena Morrigan - 06-30-2014, 10:01 PM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 06-30-2014, 10:33 PM
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 07-01-2014, 09:40 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 07-01-2014, 10:22 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-01-2014, 01:16 PM
[No subject] - by Serena Morrigan - 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 07-02-2014, 09:21 PM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 07-02-2014, 10:58 PM