This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New Skills
Vanders and his healing. The idea made Jay shiver. He had the sudden sensation that healing was not all it was cracked up to be, despite how he'd been the beneficiary of it already once before; despite how he'd raced to Vanders when Natalie was hurt for the exact same reason. Instead, the shiver made him want to curl up on himself, thinking it would be best to curl up and die than to endure the healing and live with the consequences. Dumb thought, and thankfully, it passed quickly.

As to Jared's question, Jay only shrugged. Darkness seemed to be gathering about them as they passed deeper beneath the city. He wasn't uneasy, in fact, this underground world felt rather cozy, but the darkness that reached for them kept his senses high. No point walking around unprepared and endangered.

"I think he tried to teach me, but I didn't get it. How'd you figure it out?"
Wrestling a river seemed like a good description. Though Jay's first thought was of wrestling an alligator. Holding down thousands of pounds worth of strength, thrashing in and out of murky water, wrenching with all his might just to avoid being devoured by body-crushing jaws. That seemed more like it.

He paused at what seemed to be some sort of intersection of two tunnels. Like some sort of crossroads demon that waited for their arrival, Jay nodded in approval, casually wondering where they were, and asked, "Looks like as good a spot as any. Teach me your ways, sir sorcerer."
He bowed mockingly and took up a stance, hands on his hips, waiting.
Only darkness shows you the light.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 05-11-2017, 12:19 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 05-17-2017, 08:44 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 07-28-2017, 08:38 AM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 08-10-2017, 02:53 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 08-14-2017, 08:57 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-23-2017, 04:51 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 10-19-2017, 07:40 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 10-22-2017, 04:05 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 10-25-2017, 09:45 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 10-30-2017, 08:37 AM