This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

An offer
Gladness struck Jensen's heart with that Tony agreed to help, but the joy was dampened by the thought that by their mere association the man would be placed in additional danger.

Confusion tensed Jensen's brow, though, upon mention of speaking with a dead man, but the cryptic description was waved away, and Jensen did not wish to intrude more than he already was. "I wouldn't say I know the Bible inside-and-out, but I have devoted my life to its study, and I would devote the rest of my life to nothing else if I may."
He took a long drink of coffee, and took a determined breath. "If you will allow me to explain the prophecy of Apollyon, perhaps you will then see what we are up against."
Dread crossed his heart, but so also did faith. He would hold nothing back.

"While on the island of Patmos, the Apostle John penned the vision as shown to him by God that we now know as the Book of Revelation.

"There are several key figures described in the text. There are seven churches and seven angels and as each sounds a trumpet, another Seal of God is broken and another plague is released upon the earth. At the sounding of the fifth trumpet, a fallen angel whom has in his possession a key to the Bottomless Pit, unlocks the Abyss releases what has been held within since the beginning of the Age: fearsome monsters with powers to inflict torture and pain upon mankind. They are warriors of majestic power that cut through anything that stands against them, and the angel, Apollyon, is their king.

"The 'King of the Bottomless pit' he is called. In Hebrew the angel's name is Abaddon, and in the Greek, he is called Apollyon, meaning Destroyer. Abaddon has a rich tradition in the Old Testament Scriptures. It is used as the name of the place of the dead in Proverbs, Job, and Psalms. It is also used as a poetic parallel to Sheol in Job and Proverbs; to death in Job 28; and to the grave in Psalms 88. It's kind of like referencing Greek God Hades as both a place and the name of the god himself.

"It is from this Abyss opened by the fallen angel Apollyon, that The Beast will also arise of whose Mark Apollyon will also bear. He will not be revealed until the proper time, but when he is, the mystery of his presence will be realized, and he will herald the End. With Apollyon's help, the Beast, the Antichrist, will be over a kingdom which stretches across the world.

"

He then showed Tony a map of the world. CCD territory was clearly outlined Dominance by Dominance. An eerie chill overcame Jensen's voice. That kingdom had to be the CCD. Although the Custody stretched across two of five continents, what other explanation was there?

"Some scholars believe Apollyon and the Antichrist are the same man, but I do not. Especially now that these tablets were discovered by John Smith; Greek tablets that predate the Apostle John by thousands of years, and found on the other side of the world. They mention Apollyon distinctly. No, I believe they are two men."
If the Ascendancy was Apollyon, Jensen dared not imagine the terror of the near-future during the Antichrist's reign.

His voice fell, near to shaking, as he quoted scripture from memory. "The Beast will have seven heads; seven parts, and for each part will dwell a king. Seven kings in total, but the fifth will fall.... Revelation 17:9.'"

He fixed Tony with a knowing glance and continued, voice tight as his eyes. "One of the seven heads takes a mortal wound, and the Beast appears to be conquered, but is not after all. He arises more fearsome than ever."
His stomach swayed sick. He did not have to tell Tony there were seven Dominances, each ruled by a kingly Patron. Nor did he need explain the news of the uprising within DV - the Fifth Dominance.

"They will ask, 'who is like the Beast? That it is possible to make war with him?'"
He shook his head.

Lord help him, but Jensen descended into rambling now. He could speak for hours nonstop on the subject, but it would be speaking in circles of speculation. He was sure of one thing, however. The identity of Apollyon was clear. However it was strange that the one to herald the End was once an Angel of the Lord. Fallen angels are beautiful and deceptive creatures. Lucifer, for instance, means Light of God, and is said to be the most beautiful of all creation.

Jensen believed it. He felt like he was standing at the edge of the Abyss and looking in, but from the darkness arose the war cries of the creatures clamoring at their chains until their release was realized. To say he felt overwhelmed was the understatement of the century.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 01-27-2014, 05:11 PM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 01-30-2014, 07:09 AM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 02-02-2014, 02:27 AM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 02-02-2014, 08:56 AM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 02-02-2014, 12:06 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 02-02-2014, 07:26 PM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 02-04-2014, 01:19 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 02-04-2014, 05:13 PM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 02-06-2014, 07:33 AM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 02-06-2014, 02:23 PM