This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Never Ending Job
Chief, was it? Custody Security Services. About what he expected in truth, although now was the gamble of what answer the man was looking for. He eyed the man's badge briefly; he recognized the emblem and doubted there were many out there foolish enough to run around pretending to be what the man claimed to be.

The man's suit said it all. Expensive and well tailored, but otherwise plain. Drayson's suits were well tailored too, but they also came straight off the rack. He had the budget for more expensive clothes, but wasn't interested in those finer things in life. Hell, he was a Chief Inspector of the CDPS and relied on the metro system to get to an from work.

Drayson finished his cup of water as Agent Alric introduced himself and took a seat, then set the discard-able paper cup aside. There was a stack of others yet, each individually wrapped in plastic to assure they were sterile, but Drayson would continue using the same cup. Each one of those cups were only a penny at most, but those were tax payers dollars. Dollars he was wasting with staying in a private room under the care of the finest doctors the city could offer, as was afforded to his position.

There seemed a moment when the CSS Agent first entered the room, when he first laid eyes on Drayson, that he was...not intimidated. But perhaps surprised, at least. That was good, wasn't it? If the Agent was sent to silence a possible leak, he would surely have been better appraised on Drayson's considerable size.

Alric seemed almost too casual at first. It certainly didn't match the expensive clothes. No man who wore a suit that expensive, but actually held a governmental job, would sit so casually. That was bound to cause wrinkles in an expensive suit like his.

He stood studying Alric for a moment, picking up what little details the man gave away about himself. But finally his good arm was raised and he pulled up his freshly written report on the incident in the metro. A report that was collaborated by those of the newly formed task force. He'd already checked the security footage to know what he could get away with omitting.

Lone assailant, known to the employees, had gained access to the area likely using copied keys and not yet deleted codes. Had managed to kill the staff through brute force, likely on illegal drugs. Destroyed equipment. It was all boring and clinical and without a single mention of telekinetic ability or magic.

"Mr Arkady Ipatiy Lagounov was terminated from his position in the central control station one week ago for gross negligence. Past psych reports were discovered to be falsified after an internal investigation by Metro Security. He was assessed with megalomaniac tendencies, which explain the restraining order one of his female coworkers placed on him, which lead to the investigation and termination."

All of that was in the boring, mundane report he would submit in the morning. "Mr Lagounov gained access to the secured portion of the control center by somehow destroying the fuse box which ran the magnetically sealed doors, and pulled the mechanical lock from it's housing in the metal firedoors. He killed four armed guards before they could draw their weapons, and three night shift cleaning staff single-handedly, and from a distance in most cases. High voltage cables were torn from their ceiling mounts, master fuse boxes were crushed and shredded as if from a powerful hydraulic tool, of which none are found at the scene."

"All of this cannot be explained through use of any drug in existence. When I entered the control station, I watched Mr Lagounov crush a control panel with a gesture, and decided to shoot the man. Apparently, not quickly enough, as I woke up a few dozen meters from where I had been standing before I fired. I have no prior experience with telekinetic ability, but felt that I would not appreciate to learn of it first hand. I was not quite quick enough."
He patted his slung arm.

"Of course, all of this is impossible and obviously a flight of fancy constructed by a mild concussion and operational stress and lack of sleep. Utter nonsense."
His tone was entirely dry; everything he had just said would never be repeated, and the investigation would be guided carefully to assure the crime scene investigation collaborated what the filed report would have to say.

There was a similar report early in his career that was equally carefully written. Three senior investigators had gone searching for a murderer, and two had been killed. One by Drayson's own gun. Of course, the report said the culprit had gotten ahold of the weapon in the struggle. It was mundane and unfortunate and nothing more. And not a body-possessing ghost.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Drayson - 03-30-2014, 10:12 AM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 03-30-2014, 02:48 PM
[No subject] - by Alric Xavier Rainer - 03-30-2014, 05:55 PM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM