This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Lowered guard
He waited for Tony and his friend to get their asses out of his home. When he didn't, a faint wisp of dread curled around the back of his mind. Slapping people around with words was one thing, but confrontation with someone actually capable of kicking his ass tended to be something Jaxen prefered to avoid. Toe forward until finding the edge of that cliff, then back the hell off. He wasn't a fucking suicidal maniac.

If the two men were on the verge of dark throes, the tension passed unacknowledged. Jaxen had a feeling Tony was right. Michael might be the titan in the room, but for an infant like Jaxen, even a prepubescent asshole like Tony could crush his skull. Probably time to play nice. Even if the fucker started it.

"Unfair of you?"
Jaxen did not look amused. He turned to Claire, "he always like this?"
The tone in his question was elevated beyond the danger lurking moments before, but Jax was not quite back to being his rambunctious self yet. Especially when being told he could transform into some sort of psychopath by learning to use their powers. Jaxen recognized he was kind of a sick dude, in a my father hates me and I feel like an outsider in my own family but yet i'm still loyal to them for some messed up reason kind of way. But he wasn't a monster. Outside the bedroom at least.

Tony was one to talk about toys. Being that he'd fucked around like they were playing some game themselves. Jax had every intention to use the power to his own ends, trivial and profound alike. But at least he'd never thought about turning into a murderer: wielding threats around like some backwood inbreed hurling an axe at his victims.

"Despite what you may think, friend, I am capable of following instructions. Its how I ended up here,"
his arms lifted, purveying the scenery around them, "rather than military school."
A glint shot toward Claire, "with a nice detour through Mumbai for a few years."
He kicked a nod toward the door, implicating the Indian beauty they passed on the way out. "Did you meet Sachi?"
He paused, looking off sharply, "Or was it Sasha?"
He shrugged and turned attention back to Tony, seemingly offended.

"Look. I'm not sure what choice you allude to. But if its to ask you to come, and generously offer a trade in return for services rendered, in order to learn from someone who clearly knows his shit, then I think we've established I'm game for such an arrangement."

Might as well start buttering up Tony now. He did seem to get off on knowing he was in charge. That was fine with Jaxen. Delayed was the best type of gratification in the world, and he was an incredibly patient man.

Edited by Jaxen Marveet, Mar 21 2014, 07:28 AM.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 02-15-2014, 01:00 PM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 02-26-2014, 06:25 AM
[No subject] - by Claire - 03-02-2014, 07:42 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 03-04-2014, 07:19 AM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 03-08-2014, 09:06 AM
[No subject] - by Claire - 03-09-2014, 07:25 AM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 03-12-2014, 06:14 PM