This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Out Hunting
Calvin listened to her story. His own had similiarites, but he wondered about the dream. The wolves had told him the dream was dangerous, but they always neglected to say why, often telling him to leave and that he wasn't ready to be there yet. Maybe Sierra knew something about it.

Calvin nodded as she asked about his story, "It started with dreams. I don't remember when they started, because at the time I didn't realize how significant they were. It wasn't until later that I began to speak to them."

Calvin hesitated, considering telling her of his wife and child, but today had been one of the best days he had since their passing. The pain came back a bit as he thought of it, but he pushed ghosts away for a bit, neglecting to deal with them.

"I am...was...a dairy farmer in Wisconsin. I know all about being in the middle of nowhere,"
he said with a smile. "The first time I spoke to a wolf was in a territory dispute on which one of us had the right to eat my cows. Come to think of it, I wonder if that was a test of some sort, or the wolves trying to tell me what I could do. Regardless, I must have done something right. When I counted my cows the next morning, they were all still there."

He stood and stretch a bit before continuing, After that, well, I knew that the dream had some significance. I went there quite a bit, but the wolves didn't like it. They told me it was dangerous, but never told me why. The wolf that I had originally spoken to, Whispering Leaf, eventually met me in the dream and brought me here. He said a lot was happening here and that the packs were coming. He also mentioned 'powerful two legs.' I still have no idea what he means by it. You're probably going to think this is crazy, but he told me I needed to be here too. So I sold everything and arrived yesterday. That's really it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-16-2014, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-16-2014, 11:52 AM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-16-2014, 01:39 PM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-17-2014, 08:44 AM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-17-2014, 01:04 PM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-18-2014, 05:01 AM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-18-2014, 08:40 AM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-20-2014, 02:48 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-21-2014, 11:45 AM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-24-2014, 12:54 PM