This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Out Hunting
The hunt was...exhilarating. Calvin had hunted before, but not like this. Coordinating telepathically, the group mlved as one and Drifting Snow went straight for the jugular on the deer. As the deer fell to.the ground, Drifitning Snow.sent triumph. The wolf was proud of himself as he should be,

Sierra moved and collected rock as Calvin sat to rest his foot for a bit. She tapped another rock against it and used it to slice into.the deer's gut. Drifting Snow sat patiently, but there was a sense of urgency as he waited for the innards to taken out. Sierra smiled at him as she pulled the innards out. He returned it and thought the smile made her look even prettier.

As the innards came out, Drifting Snow came forward and ate the heart in one gulp, before finding another organ to munch on.

"Have you ever done this before?"

Calvin smiled and walked over to assist with the removal of the skin. He knelt beside the carcass, feeling only a slight pain as he did so. The doctor had done a good job with the stitching. Before answering Sierra's question, Calvin closed his eyes and muttered a Native American prayer of thanks for the successful hunt.

"I've hunted before, but never like this. Usually id be armed when huntinf, so this was a unique experience. I've never hunted in a pack before. I never thought about asking Whispering Leaf to join in his packs hunts"

As he said it, he realized how much it had meant and how lonely he had felt the last couple of years. It felt good to be included.

He held the skin for Sierra, keeping it out of her way, but not pulling tight enough to damage the skin. "I've done this before too,"
he said nodding to the carcass.

They continued to work, removing the skin. The work felt good to Calvin. It was familiar and allowed him to take his mind off of his troubles and loss. Sierra had her handmade stone knife, so.Calvin let her do the cutting and assisted her in the cleaning. The amount of meat made Calvin realize his hunger.

"If you want me to cut, let meknow and I'll do so,"
he said meeting her eyes. "So what's the plan? Where are we taking this and how?
His eyes fell on the knife, and he continued, "Also that is quite a skill to have, you'll have to teach me that sometime."

The thought of a homemade weapon sparked an interest in Calvin. His interest in firearms had waned a bit since he began researching Native American culture; guns killed too fast and didn't allow the animal to come to peace with its passing. Creating a weapon of his own would be an interesting project.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-16-2014, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-16-2014, 11:52 AM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-16-2014, 01:39 PM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-17-2014, 08:44 AM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-17-2014, 01:04 PM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-18-2014, 05:01 AM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-18-2014, 08:40 AM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-20-2014, 02:48 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 06-21-2014, 11:45 AM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 06-24-2014, 12:54 PM