This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Enigma
An officer came to the front desk. "The Doctor says it's alright, but you can't go in with those." He indicated her weapons. Aria laughed, like she'd try that. It's not like they'd help matters anyway. Dane was far more powerful than they knew, or probably even suspected. The report had been speculation. Some unforeseen force pushing another officer. And half the office was a buzz from the incident. Or that could be from her arrival. A girl with a sword seemed to cause mass speculation. It was something she was used to but it was far from fun listening to all the excited emotions or the fear that she'd be like her 'friend'. Aria laughed on the inside, if they only knew.

Aria removed her trench coat, the gun holster and sword belt too and wrapped them up in it and placed them on the desk. Aria touched the woman's hand again and smiled softly at her "I'll be back for them when I'm done. Watch them for me."
The woman nearly swooned and Aria couldn't help the predatory smile that crossed her face.

The officer who was going to take her back swung an arm in the direction she was to go "Follow me, Ms. Piccolo. Mr. Gregory is this way."

Aria disliked being in the building. Too much could go wrong. Why had she even come here? Really she could have waited till he got out. If he got out. Aria's curiosity started to override her own doubts. Why was he here? She prayed not for anything they had done together.

A woman stood outside the door that the officer indicated Dane was being held. Aria tried to read her but couldn't. But it wasn't lack of emotion, it was that she couldn't get through. Aria didn't like her. She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

The woman put her hand in front of the door. "Can I ask who you are to Mr. Gregory?"

Aria laughed, "Really?

She didn't move. "I can not let you in.

Fury rose in Aria's heart. Seriously get out of my way. The look she gave this woman was not friendly. But the officer spoke for her. "This is Aria Piccolo, a friend of Mr. Gregory's"

Aria glared at him but the woman dropped her arm and let her pass. She spoke as Aria walked by her. "I could have just asked him who you were."

Aria turned to her with a short laugh, "You clearly don't know Dane very well."
The obvious answer was the only answer.

Aria didn't like the way Dane felt in her mind. The fog covered his usual clear and calm emotions. She cocked her head to one side trying to figure it out. He was sitting like he owned the place and Aria smiled. But it quickly fled. Aria reached to touch his check with her fingers. She closed her eyes but she still couldn't make the fog go away, even though she'd sent him her own feelings, everything was just a fog. "What did they do to you?

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Alex - 06-12-2014, 09:46 AM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 06-13-2014, 08:13 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 06-17-2014, 11:50 AM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 06-18-2014, 08:35 AM
[No subject] - by Alex - 06-18-2014, 12:20 PM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 06-18-2014, 06:50 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 06-20-2014, 04:49 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
[No subject] - by Dane Gregory - 06-27-2014, 02:44 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 06-30-2014, 08:24 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 06-30-2014, 10:54 AM