This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Alliances?
Regus.

The name had come up quite a few times now. He was obviously a man of great influence among the Atharim, perhaps their leader. By what Aria told him, this Regus was also a cunning creature, much more calculated than the usual Atharim dedicated. Had he sent Michael all the dregs of the cult to die, just as he sent Aria now?

It made him all the more determined to see that the man would not be granted his wish. "Hmm, for a time, I'm afraid you will have to take the chance and hope you don't get killed. If I am going to help, it will take some time."

Nikolai would definitely want to take a hold of this chance. If he could gain the man's support, they could make it appear as if Aria was making progress while strengthening his own position. Eventually, he would have the power to withstand the Atharim and protect its outcasts.

When Aria told him about the link to his house, it gave him another idea. "I'm glad that at least someone doesn't want to kill me,"
he said with a small smile. "However, you've given me a very dangerous thought. I think it is best to stay here for the time being. I would not want them to think you leaked any information. But more importantly, I have realised something."

Aria could not know, so he explained. "It occurs to me that each time the Atharim send it's hunters, either one or the other dies. Hatred breeds hatred, violence be-gets violence, as they say."
It was extremely dangerous, and he hoped his confidence was not arrogance in disguise. "You people are very good at finding me, and it will only get easier in the coming days. I will stay here, and if hunters come after me, I will let them live. Send them back to your masters defenceless. Remind them I could have killed them, but I chose mercy."

Speaking the idea out loud made it seem even worse, but he knew he would not let the challenge pass him by. It was not in his nature to hide, even if he had wanted to, but he had grown tired of hiding well and truly.

"As for arranging a meeting, I suggest you do exactly that. However, if it becomes a problem you can use this."
'This' was his private phone number, provided by Tony when he had finally stopped drinking. He was not sure of the details, but the man said it could not be traced to him. Something about his old friends he always went on about. Whatever the case was, he trusted Tony still, even if he had not been in contact for some time. Michael explained that it was relatively 'safe' without going into too much detail.

Depsite his initial irritation, he found that the meeting had been quite interesting. It had brightened his otherwise dull day. Dealing with crazy Atharim assassins was irritating, but the thought of an end to the constant attacks was quite the opposite.

"I don't get many visitors, but I don't kill the ones who knock first."

"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 12:50 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 07:36 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 08:38 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 09:54 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-18-2014, 08:49 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM