This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Alliances?
Aria seemed to go to great lengths to remind him how dangerous it was of her to meet him. Michael did not disabuse her. In this case, she was entirely correct, she would be dead before she had a chance to do anything foolish, but it would not always be the case. Other than that, he did nothing to put her at ease.

That was the problem with Atharim. Even those with broader minds like Aria thought he would strike her down just because he could. Didn't she understand the notion of control? He had not killed her simply for being Atharim when they had first met, and neither would he do so now. Despite his abiding hatred, he did not desire to slaughter the Atharim, his only wish was to stop their hunts. It was not his fault that they decided death was preferable to negotiation.

He bit off his bitterness with force and focused on Aria's words, and they were interesting. A faction within the Atharim who did not wish to kill humans. It made sense. It should make sense. He wondered just how small a fraction Aria's group consisted of. For their own sakes, he hoped more of them saw reason. Soon, there would be no alternative if they wanted to hunt the so-called Gods.

When she had finished speaking, Michael sat down in the single chair of dark maroon and turned it to face the double seated couch in front of the TV. "You may as well sit down,"
he said, pointing to the couch. He resisted the urge to squeeze his eyes shut and rub his temples. "So I am constantly reminded. I take it this 'war' you refer to is something regarding the belief of your group? What makes you think I care what happens to the Atharim?"

He let the question linger before answering it. "I assure you, I don't. However, I am not like your colleagues. What do you propose?"
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 12:50 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 07:36 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 08:38 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 09:54 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-18-2014, 08:49 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM