This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Best of You
Connor listened, torn between fascination and anger. She fed on his negative emotions? The idea sickened him. How could a person do that? How could they enjoy the suffering of others?

"Even if you're right and she doesn't really understand what she is, she knows what she is doing. Her...playing with me was purposeful. I'd want her and then feel guilty about it. That had to be what she wanted me to feel, because she kept making me want her, but not as you said, not permanent or all the way. She let me pull back and every time I did it was terrible."
His mouth tightened at the memory. She was playing with me like a cat with a mouse."

He stopped, thinking about her question. "No, I don't know where she is. But if I ever do see her again..."
he'd what? She could make him feel whatever she wanted. He was angry but he didn't know what to do about it.

Yet another way the Atharim had intruded into his life. First Hayden and now Aria. He just didn't understand how she could go from being so kind and understanding to wanting him to suffer. What made a person do that? Had she gotten in trouble with the Atharim for letting them all go? Had they done something to her? Maybe some kind of reeducation or something?

"Well you said it. Fucking Atharim."
And then he remembered what he had. He looked around and got quiet. They both hated the Atharim. He pulled his bag onto the table and opened it enough to show her the drive. Quietly, he said, "Do you know what this is? It's evidence against the Atharim. On this drive is a database that shows all the 'reborn gods' they have been tracking, including the ones who have been killed. It has the names of Atharim handlers assigned to specific people, as well as kill orders. Everything!"
He put the pack back down after zipping it up. "I got this today. It could destroy them, if it got out. But..."
, he hesitated. Ayden. He couldn't lose her. "I honestly don't know what to do with it though. I could send it to a news outlet. Or maybe the police. I don't want them to know it was me that did it, though."
He breathed in frustration. "I came here to think and to look at the exhibits. Maybe something would hit me. But instead I meet you and suddenly it seems like we both have a vendetta against them."
He looked at her. "You're used to all this magic stuff with furies and sentients or whatever. What do you think I should do? They have to be stopped before they kill any more people. I can't let it continue."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 07-16-2014, 11:32 AM
[No subject] - by Alex - 07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 07-17-2014, 10:00 AM
[No subject] - by Alex - 07-17-2014, 12:54 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 07-17-2014, 01:18 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 07-17-2014, 01:58 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 07-17-2014, 02:34 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 07-17-2014, 02:49 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 07-17-2014, 04:02 PM
[No subject] - by Alex - 07-18-2014, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 07-18-2014, 12:47 PM