This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Here's to Forgetting
Zoya took his hand. He was surprised at how small it was. That was something he didn't think of until he actually held a woman's hand. They could seem so larger than life, so exuberant and take-charge and yet when you really looked at them, held their hand in yours, you realized how small it was. He wasn't drunk, by any means. But he'd had enough that he was feeling more than he normally allowed. And he felt protective of her.

Course Zoya being Zoya, she opened her mouth. Clearly, she was two steps shy of a face plant into the floor of the bar. She may have thought that her footing was fine, but the way that she used his hand for balance indicated that walking was going to be her 24-7 at least until they got to the car. And yet....and yet he had to laugh. “Come then, Sarkozy. We wouldn’t want you to get lost.”
Sassy to the end. He held her left hand in his left hand so his right arm could go around her and gently steady her as she walked. He wasn't sure if she noticed, but he didn't mind. He just wanted her to be safe.

They made their way carefully to the his car after Zoya helpfully pointed out hers to White. Ivan laughed at the thought. Poor White. Ivan bet he didn't want to be caught dead in an eco-car. If the car had a bumper sticker that said "Coexist" or "Mother Gaia" or "Visualize World Peace" Ivan would have laughed and laughed.

The air outside was invigorating, especially after the stale humid air of the bar. He was chuckling to himself at the thought of White in that car when Zoya suddenly clutched at his arm. Zoya appeared to be concentrating very hard to walk carefully. He whispered, "It's ok Zoya, just a few more steps and the world will stop moving."
Slowly and carefully he guided her to his car's passenger side and let her in.

She wasn't a doll to usually need help, he knew that. But it seemed like it took her a moment to steady herself so he buckled her in. Then he crouched down and looked her in the eye for a moment. They were definitely glassy though. He smiled at her. "You alright?"
She looked at him and grinned. God, but she was beautiful and for a moment he felt something deep tug at his heart. He pushed the thought away. Careful man.

He closed the door gently and got in the driver's side and started the engine up. The radio came on and he turned it off. The less there was vying for her attention, the better she could stay focused- at least that's what he knew from his own experience when drunk. He turn the fan on slightly so the cool breeze would blow in her face, to help control any nausea she was feeling. "Does the breeze help?"
He began driving, carefully executing the turns so as to minimize any discomfort to Zoya. He didn't feel like teasing her now. Course, she hadn't opened her mouth yet, so he knew that might change. She did have a way.

As he took a turn, Zoya was a little discomforted. The ride was smooth, but she still felt her head go the wrong way. "Um... I think you took that turn too slowly."

He looked over at her and smiled. "I'm sorry. I'll be careful. Just lie back. If you need to sleep or want to close your eyes, go ahead. It may help."
He turned up the air slightly. He hoped she wouldn't puke in his car. He liked her and all. But that didn't mean he wanted that smell in his car for the next few weeks. That kinda stuff was a bitch to clean out from all the seams and crevices of the seats, not to mention the carpet. He watched the traffic and made sure to take the longest smoothest ride possible.

The car was quiet for a while. He looked over at her, saw the way the belt slung over her jacket and shirt, the way the curves of her body lit up from the shadows and street lights. Again, he felt drawn to her. Sure he was attracted to her. He had been from the start, from the moment he'd busted her in that office. But seeing her, quiet, thoughts locked up inside her head, he felt drawn to her in another way as well. Knock it off, Ivan. He looked back at the road, and focused on getting her home safely.

She shook her head. Sleeping was probably not a good idea. What then? Talk? Yes. That sounded good. Talking was always good. "No thank you. If I sleep now you might have to carry me home. After a couple flights of stairs, I get heavier than I look."
She smiled at him and tried to keep her world from spinning. Likely, she wasn't making the best of impressions, but at that moment she wasn't sure she cared.

She hadn't known she needed to drink her night away until she'd seen the bar's sign in front of her, but Zoya was glad it had happened. Grabby hands and all, she was glad. After all, it wasn't every day that a girl like her had two guys hurry on to save her hide.

Zoya seemed to rouse herself, as if she'd made a conscious effort not to sleep. She made a valiant effort to start talking, but of course her words set his imagination afire. He could imagine himself picking her up in his arms- despite what she said, she wasn't more than 105 pounds tops, if that- and carrying her up the stairs. He liked the thought. Part of him wanted to do just that. What is wrong with you? He'd dated lots of women. Had his share of stolen kisses and sweet nights.

Hell, tonight he'd been with Stephania. They'd been out quite a few times and he did like her. And yet he'd blown her off after a second's notice so that he could be with this woman he'd met once before-and part of that was an actual arrest. Why, he wondered.

Small talk would be good. "So tomorrow...aside from sleepin in, what is on your agenda? Got anymore buildings you wanna break into? If I get a heads up, maybe I can make sure there are no monsters- or guys grabbing your ass."
He smiled at her, hoping she'd see that he meant....well, he meant something in there. He wasn't sure what it was.

An agenda? After all that had happened she hadn't even imagined a next day. She wrecked her mind trying to remember if she'd had any plans, but nothing sprung to mind. "If I'm not dying, I might go to the river. I usually run. But... oh look... that looks like fun!"
A sign advertising Karaoke went past them... or they they went past it... as the two drove by. "Doubt I'll get out of bed. Bed is good."

She was probably sounding like an idiot, and was obviously easily distracted, but she was too focused on trying to keep her stomach together to care. "Do you have anything planned out? Thank you for coming to get me, by the way. I didn't mean to pull you away from any plans."

She made him laugh. His grin was ear to ear as he watched her seem to switch from subject to subject. She asked him about his plans. Again, he thought of Stephania. And yet, even now, he didn't regret it. "No, no plans. Nothing important anyway. I didn't mind at all."

He slowed down as they arrived at her place. "Well we're here."
There was gonna be no waiting outside this time. He got out of his car and went to the passenger side to open her door. "Here we go Zoya,"
he said as he unbuckled her and took her hand and helped her out. "You'll be ok once you're in your bed."

When they made it to her place, she was glad he remembered the way. In fact, Zoya wasn't sure she would have been able to lead him out of a paper bag. Her gaze followed him as he got out of the car and walked around to let her out. Secretly, she thanked him for the gesture.

For a moment she wasn't sure she would have been able to find the handle in order to open the door without a few missed tries. As she tried to tried to slide out of the car, she reached for him in the hopes that he could steady her. He was rather solid. Not excessively bulky. She liked that. "Bed sounds nice. Might need some help. Um... that's my door."
She pointed to the main building despite the fact that he was probably aware of where they were going. "My keys... wait..."
Her hand slipped forcefully into her pocket then pulled the little turtle key chain out.

Her limbs felt heavy. And she was dizzy. So very dizzy. Her world spinned for a moment, and unable to hold it all in, Zoya bent over as her stomach contracted. The resulting mess wasn't huge, but it wasn't pretty. Luckily, most of it ended in the sidewalk. Sadly, she suspected some of it splattered on poor Ivan's shoes. Well now that was sexy...

He took a deep breath. This was the rub. Hot girl you really like....puke on your shoe. But he looked at her and his feeling melted. Poor Zoya. He well remembered the last time he'd been piss drunk. And there had been no guys grabbing his ass or anything talk about monsters. Course any guy that tried to grab his ass was gonna be askin why he was on the ground with a bloody nose. But still. Poor girl.

Ivan helped Zoya to her buiilding. She was fumbling with keys on a turtle keychain so he took them gently from her hand. "Is it this one?"
he asked holding up a key. At her nod, he unlocked the door and led her in. She was leaning against him now- God he loved the feel of her against him- and he helped her up the stairs. They arrived at a door that she indicated was hers. He asked her to show him which key and after she did, they went inside. "Ok, Zoya, where is your bedroom?"

The door shut behind them and Zoya took a minute to look around. The place was empty. At first she wouldn't understand why, but later remembered the girls were all gone visiting their respective families. Pointing to the right, she blinked and did her best to focus. "I'm that way. Hey, you can crash on the couch if you like, but that's me."

Smiling at him, she gently pushed off him and took the steps leading to her bedroom door. As she walked, she slipped off her jacket and tossed it on the couch. The place was pleasantly decorated. There was no mistake that women lived and ruled there and that comfort did not dismiss a certain level of sophistication.

As she approached her door, Zoya paused and turned around. "I'm sorry. Should I offer you coffee?"
She swayed a little and leaned against the door frame. Glancing down at his shoes, she really felt awful. "Um... maybe I can clean your shoes?"
First, however, she really wanted to rinse her mouth and wash her face.

They got inside and the old Zoya- at least the one he knew from the other day- seemed to reassert herself. Part of him liked that. But.....part of him wished she had leaned on him a bit longer, had shown vulnerability to him a little bit more. She offered him coffee, and then to clean his shoes.

"No, I'm ok."
He was tired. And staying here....well. Why not? He was tired. And to be honest, he fucking just didn't want to leave her. He sat on the couch and waited. He didnt know what she was doing. But he wanted to see her one more time. He waited five minutes and then knocked on her door. "Zoya?"
He hoped she'd answer him.

After going into her room and shutting the door, she'd been busy trying to lessen the gross factor. As she stumbled around and eventually found a pair of shorts and another tank to to change into she thought over the idea of letting Ivan crash on her couch. After a bit, she heard him calling, and deciding she was presentable enough. She opened her door to answer him. "Yes? I'm fine... really."
There was a blanket folded at the end of one of the two couches in the room and she gestured to it as she pushed away from the door frame. "You can use this if you like."

Ivan saw her in shorts and a tank top and for a moment any tiredness he felt disappeared. God but what a body she had! He pushed those thoughts away. He'd wanted to make sure she was ok. But Zoya was back. He liked that Zoya, the independent-I-don't-need-anyone-to-help-me-Zoya. But he'd have liked to see the needy Zoya just a little longer. But she wasn't there. "I just wanted to see if you needed anything. Water. To make sure you were ok."

He thought for a moment. Fuck it. I am not gonna be left wishing I had done more this night. He stepped forward, confident. She could say no or not. "Look. I've gotten you this far. Let me take care of you the rest of the night. At least let me tuck you in and make sure you are comfortable."

She tilted her head slightly as her green eyes studied him. Tuck her in? A small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth but she shook her head. "Not tonight supercop. I can find my own bed and tuck myself in just fine."
Her bare feet padded across the floor as she made her way to him, and without thinking, she stood on her tip toes and pressed her lips against his, her hands resting against his chest. The feel of his lips was nice, and before she knew it, she'd nipped at them before stepping away.

"Good night, and thank you. If you need a pillow I'll toss you one, otherwise the cushions should be comfortable."
Looking over her shoulder, Zoya smiled as her hand held on to the door handle. "I'll make us coffee tomorrow."
After that, she closed her door and stumbled to her bed. Sleep was a great idea and both of them could probably make good use of it.

Ivan stood there, the taste of her still on his lips, a goofy smile plastered on his face. It was a good night. And hot damn, she had looked sweet in her bottoms. They were definitely not goin out shorts. She had made his blood boil. Going to bed was going to be tough. Knowing she was in her room and he on the couch....he counted sheep, went over case files, tried to remember old girlfriends. Eventually, a long time into the night, he fell asleep.

Edited by Ivan Sarkozy, Jul 4 2014, 11:18 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Zoya Bocharov - 06-21-2014, 12:06 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 06-21-2014, 06:26 PM
[No subject] - by Zoya Bocharov - 06-21-2014, 07:05 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 06-21-2014, 11:13 PM
[No subject] - by Zoya Bocharov - 06-22-2014, 02:41 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 06-22-2014, 03:30 PM
[No subject] - by Zoya Bocharov - 06-22-2014, 07:05 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 06-22-2014, 11:42 PM
[No subject] - by Zoya Bocharov - 06-23-2014, 01:22 AM
[No subject] - by Hood - 06-23-2014, 01:23 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 06-23-2014, 02:38 PM