This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cornering the Meaning of Dreams
Connor comforted Ayden, or tried to anyway. The fact that he was here made the difference, but she knew he didn't quite understand. And how could he, she hadn't said why she was crying. It was the struggle for life, never before had it been this hard to survive, to stay afloat. If it were not for her past career she'd not even be living this comfortably in any near future version.

Ayden didn't want to talk about it, but talking was really the only way to be honest with Connor, and there would be no more lies or hidden truths if she had anything to say about it.

Ayden cried until tears no longer fell. She snuggled closer to Connor before she spoke. "I know they are just dreams. Apparently a lot of other things are bothering me too."

She didn't want to look him in the eyes and tell, she held her head close to his chest and tried not to let the tears fall again. "This is all so very hard."
Ayden sniffled, the back lash from the prior crying still paying its toll on her nasal cavity. "I have no control over anything but where I spend what little free time I have."
Ayden sighed. "Without the money I had before, I'd be living on the streets, barely able to feed myself off the crap wages I get. I might as well sleep at the restaurant with the amount of free time I'd have just to make ends meet."

"And that's only work. Classes are boring. I'm too old to be doing this again, I don't want to sit and listen to lectures on European history or the classical literature they deem worthy to be called a classic."

Ayden pulled away from Connor in frustration. "It's all so very frustrating. I will keep doing it for you, but ..."
Ayden didn't say anything, there was nothing to voice. She might go crazy. She might go back to her old ways? No, not likely... She hoped. Ayden didn't want to lose Connor, not even for an easy ticket out of hell.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-14-2014, 08:49 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-14-2014, 10:25 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-14-2014, 12:25 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-14-2014, 01:04 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-14-2014, 03:30 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-15-2014, 08:13 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-15-2014, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-15-2014, 12:00 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-15-2014, 12:53 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-15-2014, 02:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-18-2014, 07:42 AM