This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cornering the Meaning of Dreams
Connor felt her lay back down beside him. Her body was cold. He put his arm around her and pulled her to him, hoping to warm her against his skin. Her head was on his chest and she looked up at him as she quietly explained.

He listened to her, taking it all in. He'd had bad dreams before. But nothing like what she described. Of course, he'd never done what she did. Well, except for that once. But even then, his dreams were also tinged with the events of that night, the children, and the revelation about her. It wasn't about killing that man in partiuclar. Even now, despite intellectually knowing the magnitude of what he had done, he still could not feel bad about it.

It did confirm that he'd been right though. He felt good at the thought. It showed that he was right about her, the kind of woman she was on the inside. She was a decent person, one with a conscience. She said it had never really bothered her. Her dreams told a different tale. Quietly, he said "Given what you...used to do, it doesn't surprise me that you'd have dreams like that.
He squeezed her to him, feeling every inch of her against his body. "You're a good woman that was doing terrible things. And yet your conscience wasn't seared or scarred into unfeeling."
He smiled at her. "You know how happy that makes me?"
He stroked her hair and back tenderly, looking into her eyes. "You are the woman I thought you were. Being with you....I am just glad I am with you, Ayden. I've never felt anything like I feel for you."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-14-2014, 08:49 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-14-2014, 10:25 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-14-2014, 12:25 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-14-2014, 01:04 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-14-2014, 03:30 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-15-2014, 08:13 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-15-2014, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-15-2014, 12:00 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-15-2014, 12:53 PM
[No subject] - by Connor Kent - 08-15-2014, 02:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 08-18-2014, 07:42 AM