This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Plummeting into Darkness and Rise of the Wolfman
A week later

Calvin's life continued as one full of drinking and women. The pain never going away, but spiraling out of control. Calvin decided to take a walk, for once being sober, although he was looking for a new bar to drink at. He kept on the move so he didn't make any friends anywhere. He was wondering aimlessly and had incidentally wandered into a rougher district of Moscow. The people gave him a wide berth; Calvin had again left his contacts at home.

Calvin continued to wander and heard sounds coming from a nearby alleyway. It sounded like a struggle. Calvin ignored it. Others could deal with their own problems. He had his own struggles and any other time he tried to help, he had failed.

A woman's scream came from the alley followed by terrified calls. "Someone help me...please!"

Calvin frowned, knowing no one would help her. People here kept to themselves. All had their own problems and had to deal with them on their own. He kept walking, and the woman kept screaming.

The words rang in his ears, calling to him. Had he been drunk, he could have ignored them, but sober, Calvin couldn't tune them out. His nature to help combined with his anger at the injustice in his own life and the world forced him to act.

Why the hell am I doing nothing.

Calvin turned and ran down the alley, feeling the wolf rise within him as he did so. The lights were not functioning in the alley, but his wolf eyes allowed him to see. About halfway down the alley, he saw the struggle. A woman was on the ground, a man on top of her, ripping off her shirt as she struggled and tried to get away.

Calvin ran forward and pulled the man up into the air, the darkness covering Calvin's features. As he turned, the moonlight caught his eyes and they glowed in the darkness. He could hear both rapist and victim gasp at it as a growl arose in his throat.

Calvin threw the man away from him and approached. Calvin started hitting him, aiming punches at the man's face and stomach. Calvin heard teeth rattle and ribs crack as the man fell to the ground shouting.

"Stop...please...stop!"

The words drew no pity from Calvin; they only served to fuel his anger. He pulled the man up and slammed him against the wall of a building.

"Did she plead with you to stop?"
Calvin yelled at him and the man whimpered in response. Calvin slammed him against the wall again and shouted louder. "Answer me!"

The man whimpered more, but nodded. "But you didn't stop, did you?
Calvin lowered his voice almost to a whisper.

Calvin could see the man's eyes widen as his breath quickened. Calvin could smell the stench of the man's fear.

"I'm not going to hit you anymore,"
Calvin said and the man's tension seemed to go away."No, it's time for you to face your victims."
The man's fear became palpable again.

Calvin searched the man, and found a piece of paper in his pocket. Calvin pulled out a pen and turned the man around to face the wall, giving him the pen and paper.

"Write what I say and it better be legible."

The man followed Calvin's instructions. His hands were shaking and the stench of fear continued to fill Calvin's nostrils. The note completed, Calvin read it to make sure it was readable.

"I am a rapist. I've harmed your wives, daughters, sisters, and friends. Do with me as you will."

Calvin affixed the note to the man's shirt and threw him out of the alley. Calvin moved farther into the shadows and watched as people came to see what had happened. Their eyes were affixed on the man on the ground - bleeding from his mouth and nose and severely bruised. Some gave him a wide berth, but some would kick him or hit him as they passed.

Calvin turned, leaving the man to his fate. The woman needed his attention. She found her again, bleeding and bruised and topless. The sight fueled his anger more, but he knelt down, pulling off his coat and plain blue hoodie underneath. The woman had passed out - whether it was from pain or fear Calvin didn't know. He covered her with his hoodie before putting his coat back on and picking her up.

He carried her away from the scene, using alleys and back roads to get closer to the hospital. His journey was made shorter when he came across an ambulance. He could see the feet of the drivers underneath the ambulance on the other side and could hear their voices. Calvin moved foward silently and set the woman next to the ambulance. He moved silently back to cover, picked up a rock and threw it at the ambulance.

"What the hell was that?"
one of the drivers said as both sets of feet moved to the other side.

"Holy shit!"
he yelled and both men moved to help the woman. Calvin hid deeper in the shadows. He didn't deserve to be known as a hero.

The men loaded the girl up and left. Calvin was overwhelmed with sorrow - for the woman who would never had received help, for his family who hadn't received the justice they deserved, for all the bad things in an unjust world. Overwhelmed Calvin howled a mournful wolf howl as the ambulance turned to go to the hospital.
Edited by Calvin, Aug 19 2014, 10:41 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Calvin - 08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 08-19-2014, 08:55 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 08-19-2014, 10:41 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 08-25-2014, 11:47 AM